Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

break in and theft my K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Steve_87K5, Jun 17, 2000.

1. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

My K5 was broken into 6/10/00 in Cincinnati. Stolen was a Stihl chain saw, Nikon binoculars and my MagLight. I need to increase security on my truck. The RH vent window was smashed and they simply reached in. Need suggestions for good alarm system and security upgrades. Thanks, Steve '87K5

SteveB

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Unfortunatly the only way to keep stuff from being taken out of your truck is not to leave stuff in it. As far as a security system, they are easily disarmed by theives. As soon as i have some cash, i'm gonna get a Steel Horse locking console and put a fuel cutoff and battery cutoff in it. Most (not all) theives start a vehicle by picking the lock, when they find that it won't start that way, they move on to the next car. Even if they do bust you're colum, they won't get very far before the engine starves out and won't re-start. At this point, they just run away instead of trying to fix it. Hope this helps

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>

3. Rayven90

Rayven90 Registered Member

I would have to agree with biggray, however the alarm wouldn't stop a pro it would probably detour a couple of kids from taking a joyride. Definetly keep anything out of site. that you keep in your truck.

Food for thought........

Ray