Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Break ins at school!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by afroman006, Jan 28, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Well yesterday 9...thats right 9 trucks were broken into in two seperate parking lots at my high school. All but one were 90's era Chevy trucks and SUV's with the rectangular door handles, the last was a 2003 Chevy. All of the trucks belonged to students. Not everything was taken out of every truck, some decks were left and all subs and amps were untouched. But, all cell phones and other loose electronics were taken as well as I think 5 decks and one guy I know had about 50 CD's stolen.

Now for the kicker. No one can do anything about it. It happened during BROAD DAYLIGHT during school and there are always people in the lots for one reason or another and no-one knows anything. AND THEN, for some reason, the CCPD cant get involved...WTF?!?!? over $3000 worth of stuff was stolen in the fawking SCHOOL PARKING lots and the cops cant get involved...WHY THE HE!! NOT!?!?! There are always people everywhere making us tuck our shirts in and make us take off our hats in the building but no one can find out who broke into all the d@mn trucks!?!?! Even though my Burb didnt get broken into (nothing worth stealing...) this really pi$$es me off. Our principle (who everyone ALREADY HATES) came on the PA today and said he was sorry that the trucks were broken into and that there is a $300 reward for information... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif . Being sorry is great and all but it doesnt get people's stuff back. I'm really pi$$ed and everyone now has another reason to hate school, the administrators, and the CCPD... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I assume to park in the parking lot you need some sort of permit? And I also assume the student fills out/signs something to get this permit... maybe even gives some money...

SOMEWHERE I'm sure it says to park at your own risk and anything lost or stolen is your own responsibility. Unless your school is completely stupid and wants to be sued, that's probably what happens. So assuming your administration is halfway intelligent (obviously they are or they wouldn't be school administrators), your principal is being VERY nice. He doesn't have to be sorry. He doesn't have to do anything. And he definately doesn't have to offer a reward. I think someone should THANK the principal for at least acting like he cares, when he has more important things to worry about like running a school. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

he said but the police department won't take the case either. so all the students are screwed.

jacob

4. afroman006

Technically you "have ot have" a permit to park in the lot but its a PITA to get one so only about half of the people have them. You do not "need" a permit to park there. They tell us if we dont have permits we will get a warning, then get towed, in the 3 years I've been here, a few people have gotten warnings but no one has gotten towed so the whole permit thing is a joke. Dont know if the card has a disclaimer or anything on it but it still pisses me off.

5. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

almost the same thing happened at my school about a month and a half ago. they called a bunch of people up to the office and i was like wtf?. so my friend gets back and his car was broken into. i think it was like 18 vehicles (all cherokees or wranglers) were broken into. stereos, CDs, and any loose electronics were stolen, some people even got other stuff stolen. some people had other stuff stolen. one kid alone had over $1000 worth of stuff gone. this was all between noon and 3:00.

The school couldn't do anything /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. the police couldnt /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. no one could /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. its pretty sad.

6. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

when my truck was stolen by a fellow student that thought it would b a good joke, i reported it to the cops at the school and they wanted me to press charges and sue the kid. they had it on camera and everything so he admitted it. but i didnt sue cuz i didnt really feel like goin through all the [censored]. he did ruin my engine, but my rents said they'd buy me a new engine so im not worried about that. but our school is awesome for stuff like that

NITRO

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

That's why you guys should drive huge P's of S, like I do (except for you, NITRO, you've got that covered). If anyone got in mine, they first of all wouldn't be able to get it started without knowing to use the starting fluid, then they wouldn't be able to put it in gear, because you have to drop the "auto" trans all the way down to first before it will go anywhere, and if they chose to put it in reverse it would take rougly 2 minutes to finally kick in gear (thanks NITRO), and by then they would give up. Plus, the only thing inside the truck to steal would be a set of crappy jumper cables /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. But being made fun of is preferable over getting ripped off any day /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

my truck looks like a peice (what chevy luv dosnt /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif), so i dont get bugged but then again you look into my truck and theres a guage cluster where ther should be a stereo...

9. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Im glad I go to private school, I dont think we have had any break ins to my knowledge (knocks on wood)

10. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

your just jealous cuz i can lose a tranny and have the truck running again in under a week. by myself. and im only 16 and have 2. beat the john /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

NITRO

11. afroman006

Well, my burb is a "little rough" compared to all the trucks that gotten broken into, but its till OK. Compared to y'all's trucks its a Rolls Royce /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. But still, the only things worth stealing are my J**p stereo, 2 4 D cell maglites, and equipment box (towing stuff and jumper cables). But like I said, no one even looks twice at my burb, its just the rusty big ol' POS that everyone laughs at...but hey it works for me.