Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Break line extensions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by taterblazer, Feb 20, 2001.

1. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

I'm getting ready to put a 4" suspension lift on the blazer. Do I need to buy break line extensions such as the ones ProComp sells for $90.00? Or is it just as good to move the stock configuration or will it work the way it is? Any ideas or comments appreciated!

2. Boondock

Boondock Registered Member

I ordered the 4" Suspension lift last week, and it's on the way. I was wondering about the brake line extenstions also. I also ordered a 3" body lift and that too is on the way. Any thoughts on which lift to put in first? Does it even matter? Please let me know if you run into any problems puttin the lift in so I can look out for the same ones. Thanks.

The only easy day was yesterday.
    Second place is a body bag.

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I just put on a 4" lift this weekend. I had to get a piece of all thread for the back brake line. To lift it up about 2 inches at the axle. On the front I got brackets with the new U-bolts from rancho. Stock they go threw the frame. You remove them from there and bolt on the new brackets at the bottom of the frame. Very easy.

Become one with nature..........Then marinate it...

4. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

I'm an amateur but I'd do the suspension lift first, that way when your doing the body you can see under the vehicle. Just 1 cent worth of thinking. Thanks for the info your lift, I'll have to get some all thread.

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Also if you are replacing the steering arm. The instructions say. "SOME LITE TAPPING MAY BE NESSCARY TO REMOVE OLD STEERING ARM" Don't beleave it. It took a torch and a 5lb sledge hammer and a lot of "lite" tapping to remove it. And has we were swinging the sledge we were yelling lite tapping My A!#.

Become one with nature..............Then marinate it...