Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Breakin yer nails

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by POWERMAD, Oct 29, 2003.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

A couple of weeks ago I was knocking the races out of a hub and the edge of the punch sheared off, swinging an 8lb hammer. The punch is 1.5". Anyway my hand followed the punch and one nail somehow managed to catch a stud on the way down and tore it part way off.
    I have tried valiantly to save it but now that what is left is sticking straight up in the air and attached only by what is under the cuticle it looks like tonight will be a Jose evening..
    I hate having to take out a nail.. But after a few rounds before and after it isn't so bad..
    Ever wonder why people spill the beans when ya start tearing nails out ...

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i had a couple of mine ripped off when i was a kid.they never grew back right.my thumb has a seam down the middle of it where the skin grew back funky and leaves a crack down the middle of it.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i had a couple of mine ripped off when i was a kid.they never grew back right.my thumb has a seam down the middle of it where the skin grew back funky and leaves a crack down the middle of it.my mom made me put in in saltwater to clean it.man did that hurt almost more than ripping it off in the first place.

4. dill

dill Registered Member

I dropped a 19 inch computer monitor off a 5 foot high shelf onto my middle toe a couple months back...the nail was mashed and it fell off...I'm not sure what hurt worse, the nail part, or the blunt trauma from a 80 lb monitor hitting the toe. Its grown back now, but it still has a big black mark on it.