Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Breather tube

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1979Jimmy, Jul 11, 2002.

1. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Well my breather tubes to my differentials have all sorts of crap on and waround them and I want to lengthen them anyway. What size tubing shoudl I use?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I beleive I used 3/8 vacuum line. Mine are all extended up to the cowl on the passenger side. the tranny is the hardest to do, the breather on it has a little cap on it that you have to knock off, then you can hose clamp the vacuum tubing to it. A little silicone caulking to ensure the seal is a good idea too. </font color>

3. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

you can also get 3/8 coiled airline. I put this on my diffs because the stock ones will rip out.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, the coiled stuff is kind of hard to route along the frame though /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif . I have had no problems with the vacuum tubing tearing out, just make sure there's enough slack in it. </font color>

5. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

i went to the hardware store and got clear line for 7 cents a foot vs line from napa at 60 cents a foot...

6. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Where's the best way to route it all?

7. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

i routed mine along the inner frame rail on the passenger side... along the gas and brake lines

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Same here. Ran the rear axle line up the frame , brought the t case and tranny lines out there also, then tied all the lines together and ran them up through the engine compartment into the cowl. </font color>

9. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Any concerns with venting equipment to a common line which use different lube potentially? I've had some instances of lube puking out vent lines. I'd hate to see ATF/GL mix. For instance I'm running an NV4500 transmission with GL-4 lube - it would definitely not like ATF for standard gear lube in the mix.