Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bremerton Shop

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Manila, May 11, 2006.

1. Manila

Manila Newbie

Can someone reccomend a shop in the Bremerton WA, area that can replace/repair the front axle shafts on an 87 K5 Blazer. My son is in the Navy there and needs a good resonable mechanic.

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Tell him to log on here and we can break it down for him so he can do it himself.
    If he still feels a little un-easy about it. Have him go to the MWR Auto Hobby shop on base. The staff there can and will help him get it done. even if only with advise and answers to his questions.

3. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

too bad he isnt closer. i'd probably do it for free, just for something to do. oh well.

4. jeeptuff

jeeptuff 1/2 ton status

Yeah what he ^^ said...

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

He could easily come to my place on a weekend, and I could walk him through it as I work on my own crap. I'm probably only an hour away. I've got all the tools, and if the weather's decent, the space. He could get through it on the advise from this board too. Most people here aren't really for mechanic shops, as we are mostly "do it yourselfers".

6. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

Readymix hit it right on the head, Bremerton has a good hobby shop. I'm also local to him and could walk him through it. Where does he work?

7. LovesDunes

LovesDunes Registered Member

The auto hobby shop there on base is awsome. I was there all the time when I was stationed there with the Nimitz. It sounds like there are plenty of people willing to help.