Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bright pink tranny fluid from t-case, why? edited with picture link UPDATE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rick88blaze, May 3, 2003.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

ok, here is the link to the picture of my pink transfer case fluid http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=5488&password=&sort=7&thecat=500 let me know if you still think that it's water.

rick

<font color="red"> UPDATE!! </font>

I finally got off my arse and checked the t-case fluid again, i haven't driven much in last month or so, been on vacation. anyways, the fluid came out a nice red, instead of the pink that it was last time. i guess it just had moisture in it from when they rebuilt it, and it also had the right amount of fluid in it.

2. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Re: bright pink tranny fluid from t-case, why?

Water. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Bet you sucked some in through the vent.

3. rick88blaze

that's what i thought at first too, but i haven't been in any water lately, and it was just gone through and resealed about 2 weeks ago, and filled with new fluid. if somebody will tell me how, i'll post a picture of it.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Take the pic , load it on your documents and then go to members rides and click upload photo, then browse, find it and click on it , then copy the properties and put it in a post.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Did you take a picture with a digi-cam? Is it loaded on your computer's hard-drive? Do those things first.

Then, sign into CK5's member's rides....click upload and browse for the picture name in "my pictures" (or wherever you have them). Once it's in your album, you can link us the address for the page, or to put the image in the body of the text, right click on picture, go to properties, highlight the entire "location" and copy that address (will be a .jpg) into the "Image" instant UBB code.
    I hope that made sense to you. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Ya might want to check the radiator and see what color it is. Sounds like you might have a cracked radiator and its letting water into the tranny cooler thats built into the radiator. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Just a guess though, I had it hapopen to me one time with a brand new one that had a small hole in it from the factory. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sorry guys guess my eye's weren't working, thought you where talking about transmision . /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it is water /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif somehow you are getting water in it what does your tranny fluid look like?

8. rick88blaze

tranny fluid is still bright red, so now i know it is just in the t-case, i remembered that when my truck was in shop getting the tranny rebuilt, it rained cats and dogs for about 2 days, they might have let water in the t-case then. on the picture, it keeps saying that the file is to big, anybody know how to shrink the file size?

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

you can resize the pic with picture it 2000 or other editing software... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Maybe a longshot, but possibly overfilled if you don't think it's water? Overfilling can cause airation and foaming.
    Have you changed it yet?

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Oooh, I had to go through that resizing too when I put my pics up. I don't have any photo editing software, so this is what I did (it sucked): copy picture from viewer into Word...size it down just by dragging the box to make it smaller (I did that in word because it keeps things proportional), then I copied that new pic into Paint where I then saved it as a JPEG in "My pictures"...ta-da, you have your new, resized picture. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12. rick88blaze

right now my t-case is empty, waiting on some JB weld to dry where the seal for my slip yoke goes, i'll refill it tomorrow, i'll run it for a week or two and then drain it to see if it does it again, i don't know if it was overfilled or not, i didn't check it when i got it back from the tranny shop.

13. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

Re: bright pink tranny fluid from t-case, why? edited with picture link

that's what you get for filling your tranny with a strawberry smoothie

14. rick88blaze

you know, i wondered where the hell that smoothie went, and why i was sh!tting bright red oil for a week. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously, you weren't kidding when you said <font color="pink"> PINK </font> . I honestly don't know what to say other than fill it up with some ATF and check it in a week or two. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Whoah, I'm color blind and I can see that,it looks like nail polish my daughter would wear... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifYou said someone worked on it, I'd take that sh!t in and ask them what they put in your case.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. rick88blaze

I'm taking it in on Monday for a two week check up they want to do on my tranny. all they did to my t-case was put new seals in it, too bad i didn't know then that my leak at the rear driveshaft was the metal bushing that goes around my slip yoke. i replaced it today, that's why i drained it, otherwise i probably wouldn't have drained it for another 6 months or so.

also, would a really short vent tube cause the some foaming, i mean like 2 inches. i did extend it up the firewall by the way.

18. rick88blaze

Thanks to Heavy4X4, and Chevyfumes for the help on getting pictures posted. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rick

19. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

is it a mix of gear lube and ATF? maybe the shop topped the case off with gear lube instead of ATF

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifLet us know what you find out...