Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BRING BACK 4X4 POWER AND FULLSIZE 4X4!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigTex, Mar 1, 2001.

1. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, as long as we are on the subject of 4X4 mags, don't you guys think it sucks that Petersen's got rid of 4X4 Power and Fullsize 4X4?! They were some of the better mags out there AND 4X4 Power had a project '75 K5 they were always doing articles on. I think there should be a magazine out there that focuses on fullsize rigs. I always looked forward to those issues. We have plenty of Jeep mags out there and need a fullsize mag!!!!!

2. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Absolutely! Petersen's has turned into a Jeep mag with Pewe at the helm - and what the he!! was going on with this month's issue - rolling a Chevy - that's gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever seen!

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There weren't any original articles in Full Size 4x4. Every article that I saw in that rag had already run in the past in either Four Wheeler or 4-Wheel and Off Road. They just put them in a different mag and sold them to us again! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

4. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I just saw the mag. GEEZ!!! They could have donated that truck to a needy cause--namely mine. It hurt to see that truck being crushed. Oh well--I guess it was done IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE!!! Hopefully that article will teach some folks out there--namely some of the Jeep guys that just hang on to the rollcage when wheeling. Those guys need some helmets, too!

5. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I agree with HarryH3 on the FullSize 4x4 issue; nothin but repeats but 4X4 Power, now there was the best mag ever published. The March 2000 issue was like a Blazer owners mini-bible! What I can't figure is why scrap 4x4Power for outselling 4Wheel & Off-Road or Four Wheeler for that matter - the bucks still go in Petersen's pockets in the end!!??!!

It just sucks
    Brian
    89KBlazer

6. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

You're right, Brian. 4X4 Power ALWAYS had K5 articles. I was so pissed when they anounced it was being scrapped. What I understood is that 4X4 Power did not have enough of a market share hold but that was a bunch of bull! As you said, I'm sure it was taking away from the "larger" mags. I emailed them and never got a response. It seemed like the guys at 4X4 Power were the lunch pail-blue collar wheelers. They were my favorite until they stopped. I'll say it again: WE NEED A FULLSIZE MAG!!!!!!!

7. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if back issues are available anywhere. I sure would like to find a copy of that March issue of 4x4 Power that I have heard so much about.

D. Johnson
    78 Blazer

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I don't know whta they were thinking...if thye hadn't scrapped 4x4 Power, all of us would be subscribing to 3 or their mags instead of 2...doesn't make sense

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

9. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I don't think they are available. I think I have a copy somewhere in my stacks of mags. If I find it, I could maybe fax you some copies or maybe scan some articles. I just have to get me that darn scanner!

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Bring da Chevy fullsize back..You can write Peterson's mag. Tell them that we need the mag back. I've wrote them about 3 times already....

<font color=blue> I'm down with the clown, till I'm dead in the ground.</font color=blue>

11. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

IGOR, you said it....with the return of Rick Pewe (or whatever his last name is), the best mag we have on the market for fullsizes is turning into a worthless Jeep rag! Don't get me wrong, I think Rick is a very knowledgable and experienced guy- it's just that I think he should have stayed at JP mag because he's so damn "Jeep Happy". At least Cole Quinell had the BALLS to run a fullsize. I say: "Out with Pewe and bring back Quinell!!" And, as far as I can tell, the article about rolling of the truck was about as pointless and worthless as a magazine article can get. I think it's just Rick's way to show that he's in charge and that now they will run as few fullsize articles as they can get away with.........

12. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

You guys honestly don`t think that Petersens 4 Wheel & off road does not have enough fullsize stuff in there? Heck there is a fullsize sitting on its nose on he cover of this months.:) And then here is Todd Beutels Blazer inside. His Blazer makes me want to go out and beat the crap out of mine for some reason.:)

13. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

You can get some back issues of 4x4 Power on eBay. I didn't know they were stopping it and was looking for a subscription deal for it the other day and saw people selling the back issues. Guess I can stop looking now though for the subscript........(By the way you can get Peterson's and Four Wheeler subs on there for good prices if anyone is interested? I paid $10 bucks for each mag for 3 year subs to them on eBay)

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

14. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

And besides what everyone has said, how many articles can they keep doing on Heeps. I get sick and tired when I get a magazine and it's 95%Heep inside.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>

15. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

They do have SOME fullsize articles. But this is my point: There are "Jeep mags only" out there but no "Fullsize only" mags out there.

16. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    What if I don't want to wait a couple months for that odd full size chevy article.4x4 power was dedicated to the early,full size chevys.The whole mag.,not just one article.Every mag. had at least 1 or 2 articles I'd rip out and keep for future mods to my truck.Oh well.

[​IMG]<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

17. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

BobK-

Your truck is SWEET - get some pics up so we can see more (or at least I can!)

18. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Be patient! Now with Kennedy there we may get more full size coverage. Plus he just bought a Blazer![​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people