Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bring on the white stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Weatherman is predicting 6 to 12 inches of snow !!!!! Hell yeah, bring it on, I love that stuff. :xmas:

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'm thinking that it won't be nearly as much fun in the El Camino as it was in the Blazer... ;)

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

it would if you

if you have a extera frame laying around put that elcy on it and run the crap out of it . but if you do that do it tastfull.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No no no no, The El Camino is parked for the winter. I'm driving the daily driver (2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS Coupe) with the full coverage insurense. No need too go anywhere in the snow right now. I went to the store today and stocked up for the next couple of weeks, LOL.

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

snow snow snow!!! :saweet: :saweet: elcaminos deserve to be on a 4x4 frame. one of these days i will get around to making me one :waytogo:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I agree somewhat. I do like the 4X4 El Caminos when they're done right. But I also like a well done street rod style El Camino. My plans for this one is the Street Rod style. Nothing too crazy, just a mildly built 327, 700r4, and posi rear axle with 3.73 gears. I'm thinking either Hotchkis TVS, or possibly Air Ride. My goal is a fun too drive street machine. Don't need the fastest car on the road, just a fun too drive, nice looking street rod.

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

We are supposed to get 7-10" tonight. I hope we do.:saweet::saweet::saweet::saweet::thumb::thumb::thumb::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I kind of have this strange feeling that it's not going to snow....... If it does, it won't be anything worth mentioning... But let's see... bring it on... It took 3 feet of snow to stop my Jeep in the hills, what's 6-10 inches? [​IMG]

Man, I love my Jeep...... ;)

9. joefl

joefl 1/2 ton status

it's in the 70-60 degrees here :D

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

me too. i saw one done on a bronco frame once :shame: didnt like that one. some day (probably when i win powerball, but then id have to play wouldnt i in order to win?) i will build one for myself. also i do like the street elcaminos. with maybe a cowl hood, side skirts w/ exhaust exiting there, rear roll pan, toneau cover and what have you.

11. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:doh: darn cold is making the thinker foggy this morning. i almost forgot the best part of a street elcamino; the monte SS nose!!! those make all the difference in the world

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It snowed... not even half an inch... but it snowed...

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Hell I want a good ole blizzard like the bunch we hand when I was between 5 and 10 Those were winters. Snowpiles everywhere to climb on. Now that I have a license and a 4x4 we dont ever get Jack crap for snow:mad:

14. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I am on the other side of the great state of Iowa from you and they are calling for 8-14" of snow by Thusday morning. The report I read said the heaviest accumulations will be along and north of Hwy 30.....I am 4 blocks north of Hwy 30!:D :D

Bring it awn!:saweet: :saweet:

15. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

White stuff is great.:) But in Kansas City we are getting white stuff on top of clear stuff tonight. I might not go to work tomorrow because of it.:(