Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bring the stuff you need! OR You Might Be Sorry.

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by juanblzer, Jan 29, 2002.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Ok, this might be something everyone already knows but...
    Moab is really scarce on everything but Jeep parts. During Easter Jeep Safari it was difficult to find parts for my blazer (rear yoke). I went to every offroad store that was in Moab and it was to no avail. Everyone said that they had Jeep stuff but not Chevy stuff. I ran into a guy trying to find a slave cylinder for a Unimog. hah hah. Poor bastard.
    Bring the stuff you may need. Bring stuff others might need. If I dont get Jess to build my new driveshaft, I'm bringing a spare (maybe two). My two cents.
    Oh and bring bungees. If you roll it sucks to spend an hour picking up all your lunches, parts, and junk from the trail. And bring carb adjustment tools so that way your rigs not stuttering like Jimmy Carter.

chrome sucks
    about chrome: "I didn't know it was possible for something to both suck and blow"

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I bring every thing I can carry every time I go wheelin.But for this trip Im gonna bring even more parts.One of the things Im gonna bring that I usualy dont is a pair of knuckles .I saw a couple of pics with broken ball joints and mangled knuckles and it got me thinking.I think between all the people and their parts going on this trip we will be able to fix almost any thing.Thats the cool thing about wheeling with other Chevys.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya what Frizz said....

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4</a>

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

What if I'm just flexin' my stuff on the curb and stayin' in a motel, just extra ice and whiskey right... How about for us whussy's on the pussy trails, any thoughts. We all gotta start somewhere, and hey those curbs are kinda scary.[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

5. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

The Carquest in Moab can order just about anything in a day from out of town. They have a parts truck that runs everyday. They got me a new Dodge Dana 60 spindle in one day when I broke mine last June in Moab. It's still good to bring any parts you know might be hard to find.

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Just bringin this to the top ta jog yer memories being that its almost packin up time /forums/images/icons/grin.gif