Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brochures page update! Good news!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dremu, Dec 24, 2003.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Comcast got their heads out of their corporate butt, so I'll be moving the brochures page server to its new home this afternoon. I expect to have the machine back up by tomorrow night.

Thanks to all for their kind offers; in its new location the box will be free to run 24x7, so there should be less outages. No further commentary will be heard about the sanctity of the marriage covenant /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Re: Brochures page will be offline for a bit

Thanx for the heads up aaron...keep your chin up!!!

Got my M1009 winterization kit this week...will be camo painting after the holidays...send your stupid friend your work addy again please...lol.

Merry Xmas bud!

DW

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Santa brought me a seperation from my wife this Christmas,

[/ QUOTE ]
    U 2 eh?
    well, mine i have known about for a while. but its the BEST gift i ever got. tell ya that.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifGrant

4. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

How big is the page? I know I've been to it many times. I could help host it for awhile at my web provider if you want. I just use my web space for junk. I have 250Mb of web space. Just let me know.

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    For those of you into the sales brochures, now's a good time to make local copies of your favorites. The brochures page will be going offline.

Santa brought me a seperation from my wife this Christmas, and the &*@%#*% idiots at the cable company can't set me up yet at the new apartment. (I know, I shoulda checked first -- You know you live in the San Francisco Bay Area when you choose where you live based on broadband service!)

The server should remain up through this next weekend of 27/28 December, but I make no guarantees past that. There will be a nice redirect page when I take it down.

I intend to bring it back if/when Comcast gets their head out of their butt (maybe I'll just get DSL .... hmm...) so keep checking back.

-- A

[/ QUOTE ]

Uploaded all the pics here: http://www.coloradok5.com/brochures

Would like this to be a permanant home for them, would give you credit for all the hard work you did, hell it took me forever just to copy the pics. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. dremu

Chuckle. Yeah, there's a bunch of data.

Thanks, Steve for the offer -- but it's infinitely easier for me to update the pages (with their spiffy indices and thumbnails /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif when they're here on my machine... and with DNS, I can have brochures.slosh.com anywhere. It's just a matter of *getting* broadband, which will take me a coupla weeks, by the looks.

Looks like the separation is oging amicably, so the server that runs Brochures won't get beaten with a BFH or anything ... I expect to take it down next Saturday the 3rd, and I'll keep y'all posted as to my progress getting cable or DSL. Bloody suprising how hard it is, given I'm in a major urban geek area, on the north edge of Silicon Valley!

-- A

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I hope things go well for you.
    Thanks for all the hard work you did on that site. Its a great source of info. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

this is why i like Steve. stand up guy.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif keep up the hard work man. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Grant

9. dremu

and a bump to the top. Thanks again guys.

-- A

10. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Do you have GMC brochures only? I have a full set of 1990 Chevrolet brochures (3 volumes). Let me know if you would like to have them.

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Cool deal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif