Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Broke Down and got a Decent Phone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Oct 6, 2003.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I've been really broke and limping along with the cell phone I've had for over 2 years now. It was a freebie that came with a Sprint package and I've never really liked it. It has held up pretty good considering all the times I've dropped it on concrete and beat it around. It finally gave completely out and I cannot answer calls with it anymore. :/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

The best phone I ever had was a Nokia a few years back. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif We switched to cellphones only (no landline at all) about 4 years ago. For us it's cheaper to have two cellphones that it is to have a single landline. Depends on what kind of calls you make and where to, but the cellphone companies actually have to compete, unlike the landline to your house... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Anyway, AT&T has internet deals where they give you their $300 phone for $50 if you sign a contract. Long story on what deal is best and whose network is best, again it depends on your personal situation. I've never had better service than I had with AT&T...

So anyway, my point was originally that this phone came with an integrated digital camera and video recorder and a 16mb memory card. This is better than the digital camera that we've had for a while, is easier to use, I can email pics, and I have it with me most of the time.

This sounds more practical than it is... Most likely it means that my buddies will get obscene pics regularly in their email. But I snapped several good pics with it today of the kids to send to Grandma. She'll be pleased. I can see it being great for 4x4 outings too. It's the Nokia 3650.

Just wanted to share the excitement. I haven't had a new toy in a long time. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif A $50 toy that I sorta had to have (jobhunting is hard when you can't answer calls...) and it has more gizmos than I will figure out in a year... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Paul 'X'

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

IMO, a phone that works at all is good enough to just answer when a plant or whatever calls and is ready for you to come in for an interview.
    5 or 10 dollar phone is good enough /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

good luck

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    IMO, a phone that works at all is good enough to just answer when a plant or whatever calls and is ready for you to come in for an interview.
    5 or 10 dollar phone is good enough /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely true. I could have gotten a good Nokia for free with the deal, but it wouldn't have had the camera or some of the other stuff that I'll actually use when I get a job again.

I think the freebies are OK if you do some research on them first. My last freebie sucked so I spent a little cash this time.

Paul 'X'