Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Broke Glow Plug

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by SmokinDiesel, Dec 4, 2001.

1. SmokinDiesel

SmokinDiesel Registered Member

I went out and bought my friends 6.2 diesel for $400 and everything runs. The bad part is he tried taking out the glow plug and it broke. The whole threaded part of the plug is out, but on the very end of the glow plug it is mushroomed and wont pull through the whole. The question I need to know is if I undo the fuel injector, will I be able to blow the glow plug part out that way. My friend say it will work but I just wanted to see if anyone had this problem and how to fix it without taking off the head.
    Thaks

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Before you lose hope, there is a tool that you can buy to take stubborn glow plugs out. I'm not sure where to buy one, but there is a post about glow plugs on this forum that has the details.

If you end up breaking the tip off, DON'T run the motor to try ot blow it out. Try using a shopvac to suck it out or a piece of wire to fish it out.

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>