Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Broke My Engine $#@%!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by walla2k5, Nov 21, 2005.

1. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Had my Blazer on the road for 2 weeks and broke 2 pushrods,bent 2 others...:mad:
    Yes, I was thrashing the %$#@ out of it.Now I get to make a decision, just fix it or go BIG BLOCK. I have a line on a 79 C20 w/454 for $800.Sorry about the rant...

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Blowing up your engine is just motivation to go bigger and better...but you should be realistic about your solution, if the big block is good as is and you can afford gas go for it, if not, pushrods cost nothing and while you're in there, change out the heads, cam and intake for some more power!

3. keifer

keifer Registered Member

As to which one, the small or big block, would depend on what the truck is used for. Was the cam replaced for one with higher lift?

4. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Don't quote me but,I think the reason the pushrods went is oil pressure,correct me if I'm wrong.Oil pressure drops,lifter collapses= bent ,broken pushrods...The 454 has 40K on it,rebuilt.Gas mileage doesn't bother me since it's not a DD.Maybe new oil pump, new cam/lifters and pushrods might be in order...:dunno: In another week or two I'll tear it apart and see WTF...

5. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

If you are referring to the truck in your signature line, by all means, go BBC................. good luck getting an engine in and out of that truck though ;)