Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Broke my T-Case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Nov 1, 2001.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Oh what a good day.[​IMG] Took the truck to have the y-pipe fixed so I could put my front drive shaft back in. Get home put the shaft in and played in 4 wheel a little in the yard. Get done playing and parked the truck to get some stuff togeather before heading to work and walked up to the truck and see a drip comming from underneith. Crawl under it to discover the rear flange on the t-case is broke.[​IMG] $75 later and a new one should be here Monday. The part that sucks is I am converting from the 700/241 to a 400/205 in just a few weeks. I think it was cracked but not leaking till I played with it in 4 wheel but who knows, pretty bad if I am braking parts in the front yard.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

That bites Wayne! Too bad it couldnt have held out a few more weeks. At least it wasnt a REAL expensive repair. [​IMG]

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Better to break it in the yard then out on the trail.
    So you RTI on your porch...and wheel in the yard..
    [​IMG] Sounds like the east coasters need to have a trip to Wayne and Donna's LOL

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

4. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Hell Ya!!!! Why not? We got plenty of room. 12 acres of land(it's wooded but we can change that) LOL!!!!! And plenty ofroom to play. But bring lot's of Blanket's sleeping bags and tents. Cuz it's been COLD here.

<font color=purple>If you want life to run smoothly...You must grease it with some ATTITUDE!!!!</font color=purple>

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Sounds cool, but I'm tooo far away. I'm sure Rene would[​IMG]

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well as a matter of fact it wound up being free to repair sorta. I went to work tonight and I got a $75 bonus from one of our field offices which will cover the cost. I guess I got lucky on this.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>