Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

broke,whats next?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazd88, Jul 19, 2004.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

wheeled a little hard yesterday and broke my 10 bolt posi carrier and spider gears. what should i do next? im on a small budget at the moment but dont like breaking stuff. also can 15 inch wheels fit a 14 bolt? what all am i looking at to change? i can throw in a 10 bolt for cheap but with no posi. what to do?
    thanx /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Find a 14b sf or full float. The 6 lug sf will fit 15" rims and use your current wheels. If you go with the 8 luggers, then you need to get new wheels, or adapters. In the long run you are probobly better off going with an 8 lugger though. I run an 8 lug 14bsf with 8 lug 10 bolt and 35's without any trouble. Just go easy on the gas.

3. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

so should i just fix the 10 bolt for now or just let it sit and fix it slowly with a 14 bolt? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

If you can live it without it and can stand letting it sit and being patient collecting all the parts and slowly working on it sure let it sit and do it right. But if its a daily driver you need to get back and forth to work in and rely on do a temp fix on the 10 bolt and start hunting around for that 14ff. I have a hard time just letting mine sit until I can afford to fix it, I start getting Blazer withdrawls /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

I run a 14ff with 15x10 rims and never had any problems work great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a hard time just letting mine sit until I can afford to fix it, I start getting Blazer withdrawls /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I knwo that feeling. I went to the beach for a week without my truck, and I missed it more than anyone else from home. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    -Harrison