Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brokeback Chevy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Jan 12, 2006.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Always check your weight distribution before using a lift:

[​IMG]

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was scared to open this for a minute. Thought it might be a love story about two farm trucks that didn't know they were gay.....:D

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

So Dave,

are you saying that Gay Cowboys have back problems? :rotfl:

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Just sore saddle tanks...

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

At the very least a sore ass.

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I would think that would be taken for granted, Rodeo sex and all:D

John

7. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The local Canadian Tire did that the other year. bent the poor 3/4 ton real bad. It had a bin full of nails at the back of it, and they lifted it right in the center.

If they had just put it on the proper lift, it would not have gotten wrecked...

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

seen it too!...

I saw a Chevy C30 "mason dump" truck that was owned by the city D.P.W. get totaled in a similar fashion at a landfill..the kid driving the truck,about 20 years old,was attempting to raise the dump body to empty some heavy steel scrap out of the bed..appeared to be his first time doing it alone,as we watched him go from the cab,to the lever just behind it ,several times,before he figured out how get the PTO control cable, that was mounted between the seat and drivers door,in the correct position to engage the PTO..

My brother offered to help him,having driven a very similar truck where he works,set up exactly the same way..the kid got very belligerant,and said -
    "I know what I'm doing!!--I dont need YOUR help!"...so my bother and I said nothing,when we noticed as he was raising the body,that the tailgate was butted up against the pintle hitch!!!--and the kid proceeded to FOLD THE FRAME up like a bananna just over the rear wheels,and 2 of the dump body's "U" bolts snapped off with a loud "BANG"..:eek1: :rolleyes: :haha: :haha: ...the look on the kids face was priceless!...we said "yup--guess you know it ALL!!--you dont need OUR help!"...we almost pissed ourselves we laughed so hard!..

The kid was flipping out,his eyes were like saucers,and he asked us if there was any way to "bend it back"..we just said..errr..not really!..its TOAST!!..we thought he was gonna cry!:rolleyes: ..the landfill attendant had to use the front end loader to lift and drag the truck away,so others could dump their stuff..

As we drove off, I told my brother I was amazed a dump piston had that much power..it even caved the floor of the dump body in too!:p: --felt bad about that C30 though,it looked to be in real decent shape..it was JUNK now..:doah: :( ..bet that kid lost his job too!.:crazy: