Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

broken bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jmpd, Jul 21, 2000.

1. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I had a small little 10mm bolt to take of my fuel rail on my TPI. I broke a craftsman 10mm 6 point on it. the other bolts 3 came off easy. I tried an open end wrench, and it stripped the bolt, I then tried vise grips(rounded the edges). I drilled and then tapped with an easy out. The easy out broke. Now i can't get the bolt out(it is on the fuel rail and should be veeeerrrry easy to get out) I tried to re-drill the easy-out out but it is stronger than the drill bit. I think I'm screeeeweeed. I will probably have to grind the bolt head and easy out off then drill and tap the bolt...... any suggestions? I'm pissed

Thanks in advance
    Michael

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

O yhea, those can be fun.. Go to the store and by a sharp cold-chissel(sp) and a flat-grinder. Grind a litle canyon on the bolthead and try to tap it loose using a hammer. You can also grind it flat again where the edges are rounded off. Allowing a second chance for the wisegripps.
    Hope I helped.

<font color=blue>Espen88k5 at:http://www.espen.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>