Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Broken Rear Side Window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hayduke, May 27, 2000.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

So the other day i walk out from work and notice that the rear side window (back part) on the cap of my jimmy is all cracked, looks like it was punched or hit with something nice and round. but i park in a parking garage so i doubt it was a baseball or something....
    anyway, where can i find a replacement window glass? it's on the driver's side of my cap and i have the split window/sliding window set up, and it's also tinted.
    thanks.
    HAYDUKE

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Well, I was about to say that LMC has them but I checked the catalog first and they're not there! Put a post on the "parts wanted" forum, check the (gulp...) dealer, and hope for the best.
    Cheyenne may have them, but I'm not familiar with them.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

3. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

Ya my slider is broke it has cracks in it OH its only 250$ friggen dollars from the dealer for half of a window I asked is it installed for that price,no thats another 100$

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I figured the dealers would be rapists. Back in the day, I needed a new airdam for my 86 Trans Am. 3 pieces of straight plastic, 4" x 20" or so. 90 f*@%&n dollars! Shoulda just kept my homemade one, it worked just as good...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

What about insurance? Here in KY there's a law that says your insurance company MUST replace ANY glass in your vehicle (full coverage or not). That's how I finaly got my tailgate glass (yeah - that was me makin' all those posts back in March). Total bill to the insurance company was like $190. Total cost to me was $0. I've renewed since then and the premiums didn't go up either. Also, it was my first claim in eight years AND I'm 45 freakin' years young! What a deal!

6. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

yeah, check w/your insurance company. If you have PLPD or no insurance then your sh!t out of luck, but if you have comp or full the ins. company should foot the bill...in michigan @ least......comp. covers vandalism.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout