Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Broken shackle bolt :(

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Apr 28, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I crawl under my blazer today only to see the front passanger side outside shackle hanging down. "NICE!"

I think all that twisting and maybe a little air at hollister could be to blame.
    At least it gave me a real good excuse to buy that ord greasable heavy duty front shackle kit.
    Should have that in later this week.

And the bad news... I have to drink the gas guzzling camaro to school now this week. I'll put the car cover on it and park it at the very back of the lot so i don't worry about the paint getting dinged. And put the club on it... and carry the coil wire in my backpack. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

you probably broke the bolt when you came out of the mud pit. (member when you went air born?) LOL!

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Ryan, I have a new set of greaseable front shackles from ORD. You could put mine on if they are the right size bushings and give me your set when thay arive from ORD. That would get your truck back up and I'm probably not going to install these till the weekend. I got the bushing size for rancho springs.

4. Ryan B.

HEy thanks man!
    I appriciate the offer, but i think that my skyjacker softride springs have different bushings than the rancho's.
    Not sure though.
    I ordered the greasable shackles and i'm gonna put the 2 day mail on it i think so it'll be here sooner.
    PM me and let me know what area you live... I may just remove a bushing and come over to see... and then i'd deliver my new shackle kit when it comes later this week. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Thanks

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Skyjackers use the large bushing and rancho uses the smaller stock size I think. If you need a stock side link we could pull one off mine. it's not moving for a few days.

6. Ryan B.

It's all good. Thank you very much though.
    I'll have my greasable shackles soon, and I could just go get a bolt now that the hardware store is open and slam it in there for a few days. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif