Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

broken shock mount Bracket

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dunc03, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

Somehow I broke my upper shock mount bracket on the rear driver side. The thing is riveted to the frame so I imageine it will be hard to find. Does anyone know where I can find this part. I've tried LMC and they don't have it. Is there any way to relocate the shock so that it bolts into the frame. The shock on the rear passenger side is fastened in this manner. Any help you can give would be great.

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

it needs to be re-welded. I think Pugsley did this recently.... might as well go for the full relocation.

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Chevy dealer will have it, that's where I got mine - it was like $13...pop off the old rivets and reweld it on there...

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

kpanza is correct. I did the same thing recently. Went the the dealer and they had the part(that means they break frequently) bolted and had it welded in place.

Derf00

5. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i just changed mine, i had to cut the rivits off and use bolts to put the new one on.........i got the new one from a dealer ship I think that it was 13-14 bucks. to bad that it is a pain in the beeeeeehind to change

high

6. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

I went to my chevy dealer to get the shock mount, and they said that they could only get it on the frame rail. Where did you get your. Whats the phone number, maybe I can get it from them. Thanks

7. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

I had the same thing happen and i still havn't gotten around to fixing it. I know you can get it from the dealer but I unfortunately don't know how to weld so I was thinking about just putting in a stud shock mount into the frame. probably won't be as good but the mounts will be moved eventually.

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

You have to go to a knowledgeable dealer(no offense to the one you went to) I had the same thing happen to me the first time. They told me it was part of the frame and couldn't be ordered. then I went ot the same place and talked to someone else and they ordered it for me, it was around $15...

Mike

<font color=green>"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>