Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Broken springs....Got a couple Q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhilS10HO, Mar 13, 2007.

1. PhilS10HO

PhilS10HO Registered Member

I broke 2 springs in the left rear side of my 87 1/2 ton while driving. 4 inch block out back. The Springs from the pick ups and blazers are interchangable right?. Went to the yard and everything seemed the same. Just making sure. Also being I live in NH I won't be re using the u bolts so I need a good place to get 12" long round bend u bolts. I looked on summit. $45. More than I was hoping to spend. Gotta fix this as soon as I can as it's my DD. Thanks guys.

Phil

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

There are two sizes of rear spring packs for 73-87/91, 52" and 56"s. Generally the 56"s wiould only show up on a 3/4ton, so if you don't have a measuring tape, grab a pair off a half-ton PU or Burb (or any Blazer) and you should be okay.

-- A

3. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

sounds like a good time to do a shackle flip and ditch the blocks. and, i've heard you can swap in rear springs from a gmt400 series half-ton and they flex better. i've never tried it, though.

4. PhilS10HO

PhilS10HO Registered Member

I'd love to do ditch the blocks but I can't afford to upgrade. So the blocks gotta stay. Anyone know a better price for U bolts than summit?