Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

broken steering stabalizer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FatBoyBlazer, Sep 15, 2001.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i went out wheeling to day and in the middle of some tall grass was a sewer that stuck up out of the ground like a foot, i didn't see it and tweaked my tie rod a little bit.......then i broke the mount of the steering stablaizer and the stabalizer.....what is the best thing that i should do..is it safe to drive with out one

high

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

It's safe - it'll just have more bump steer, and will tend to wander a little more.

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd get the tie-rod fixed soon. If its tweaked your front tires will be more towed in causing excessive tire wear and maybe some spooky handling. If everything else on the front end is OK then driving without a stabilizer for a while is fine.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

it'snt bad the tires are still straight it'sben up like 1/8 of an inch

high