Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Broken Superwinch Hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Feb 13, 2003.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Ok so there I was, conquering the super mud hole, and it feels like my front wheels arent pulling anymore. So I get over to some semi-dry ground and power braked it in 4-lo to see if it lurched forward like it always does, and low and behold something pops and starts grinding. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Well I get to work and pull off the driverside hub and I see broken hub parts /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. So Who's superwinch hubs have broken? they broke on the outer hub portion, the part that locks the axle shaft and hub together. Mine were almost brand spankin new. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I got those at Pep Boys along with another set... the other set is on my friends sons CJ who has taken it through the Rubicon 3 times... they really do hold up awesome, sounds like a bad bit of luck (the Warns I had ate it after 2 weeks). Just contact Superwinch and they will replace them....

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Wierd, although I am known as the official parts breaker at work.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Well yeah, you told me that before... I'm sorry they broke. I never got a receipt for them. The idiot lady never charged me for them. I went back and tried to convince them of this, but no... I think you got the other pair I ordered in the store and came by mail. I might have a packing slip somewhere saying so. I will look. I can't promise anything, but worth a shot. They were brand new when I gave them to Matt, never installed...

Were they on the truck when you did this...
    [​IMG]
    Cuz this might be why they went south!

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Nope that was when I was on the stock axles, but come to think of it these hubs were on my truck when I was playing in the snow and I was definitily hard on them then. But I figured a shaft or U joint would break before the hubs would.

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I've broken 2 sets of them. I will never ever put those hubs on anything of mine again. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They always break at the most inconvenient times. My friend has broken two sets on his truck too. I got some Warn premiums and have never looked back. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Just my .02
    John

7. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I hate "SUPERJERK" hubs The !@#$%^& allen heads like to strip out so you can't get the piles of S#$% off I will never buy any product made by super winch check my list of post's under "GREASE IS GOOD" It explains my experiance with them /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif