Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

@#$)*)(@*$@# Brother in law's wife

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Aug 24, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

@#$)*)(@*$@# Brother in law\'s wife

UUGGHH I could just about scream!

2 days ago, brother in laws wife calls to ask me if the girls are all set for school clothes, YUP was my reply, all set, probably more than enough she goes on to explain that her youngest daughter ( 1 size bigger than my oldest) has a BIG bag full of clothes that she outgrew, would I like them. No thank's I think were all set.......

The story behind me saying no, is that EVERY time I get her hand-me-downs (which I am not to "proud" to use them BTW)..they are NASTY, stained, ripped, jeans with the cuffs coming undone etc.... so I would rather NOT have to throw them away myself...After all her husband is my husbands partner in the Trash company, doesnt he have a trash truck parked at home EVERY night? GEEZZZ...

so anyway- John ends up at their house last night, low and behold, she gives him the bag of clothes, he comes home thinking he's done something great..... I open the bag, FULL of clothes, out of a LARGE black trash bag, 2 shirts, and 1 dress is something I would put my kids in......The other clothes are either from 1912, or stained to no end...... I look up at John and he shakes his head......I say

" Do I EVER put my kids in stuff that looks like this?"

his reply, "no dear"

than WHY THE H*LL WOULD ANYONE GIVE ME CLOTHES LIKE THIS???????

Then she will say "does Gabrielle need shoes" well, HELLO I'm the one with the shoe fettish, WHY would my daughter need shoes?...... along with the fact that it is not good for your feet to wear shoes that have already been broken in with someone elses footprint (everyones arch is different)...but of course, in this bag are sneakers that you could not pay a person without shoes to wear.....UUGGHHHH more for me to throw away.

It's not like I only let my kids wear Gap or Old Navy, they have other brands of clothes as well, but they do NOT wear clothes that are ruined. They would look like Rag-a-muffins... I mean come on, isn't there some common sense in her head? It would be like me giving her some of my clothes, for god sakes, she dresses like she did in highschool, and she graduated in 1981... she still wears those jordache jeans for petes sake....her style, and my style, along with what I put my kids in, is TOTALLY off,

is there some NICE way to tell her this..... other than saying "listen when you look at the clothes, and they should be turned into dust rags, please don't give them to me"....

I weed through them, and the stuff that is at least wearable (though not by my kids) I donate to the local drop in center, but it should not be up to me to take her clothes there.

at least when I give my girls clothes to a friend of mines daughter, I go through them first, and anything I wouldn't put mine in, I wouldn't give her...... WTF is wrong with her head.

sorry I really needed to get that off my chest.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Re: @#$)*)(@*$@# Brother in law\'s wife

My sister does that to me too, but she sends some pretty nice clothes. Only problem is my kids are "big and tough football player, bmx racer, wrestle in the house til something breaks even tho were not sposta" kind of kids. Her kids are booger eating spaz, sissy bookworm kind of kids. They're great clothes (and great kids) but the shirts have dinosaurs on the front, or lions and tigers and bears (oh my) the kind of stuff my kids would get in fights about if they wore them. So I graciously accept them, give her a hug and a kiss and toss them in the Salvation Army box on the way home. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

It sounds like she is pawning off her garbage too you. I dont think its the out of style that would bother me as much as the fact they are stained. I dont give donations with stains let alone a friend or family member. Thats just not ok. You have every right to be pissed.

Do you think it would work if you told her that your kids have more clothes then they know what to do with and it would be really nice for her to donate them? That way you are telling her you dont NEED them and giving her a place to put them. You can even tell her a really good place to take them. Like "OH I really dont need them Ive got too much as it is. You know there is this really nice donation place on......" She will have to do some thinking in order to get you to take them and that just may be enough to stop it.

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

haha i hear ya
    i was the kid who always got stuck wearing someone elses crappy clothes, my mom would get the same deal from friends, and make me wear them, just because she didnt want to be rude and throw them away...

you should look on the bright side, you're getting free shop towels, i'm always ruining my clothes when something leaks or i get all greasy, and of course i never have a single one around when i really need it...
    but you've got bags! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

You shoulda seen the 'hand me downs' my step mom gave me *rolls eyes*
    She's like...50ish? I didn't know her very well, so I was being nice (this was before she bitched me out over the phone about something I had absolutely NO FAULT in /forums/images/icons/mad.gif so now I would tell her to stick her hand me downs up her @ss...but anyway) and she handed me some granny clothes and said, "Can you use these?"

Uh...er....um...*thinking* "Yeah...I guess I could throw them away for you..."

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

lol, we go through this everytime we leave a family event! I just threw out a box of kids magazines accumulated from 1970 to now... I make at least 1 trip a month to a needy cothes drop box, because my family thinks we'll wear this stuff...

I don't know why, but my sisters think we need thier kids clothes, and my wife is too polite to tell them to throw it out themselves... We have a gallon container of mustard I need to throw out 'cause my sister bought too many of them at the wholesale club.

7. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

My mom use to do that to me. My parents adopted my oldest neice (who is 6 months older then my daughter) and everything she out grew my daughter got. UUUGGGHHH!!!!!!! That use to piss me off to no end. Now my sister in law gives me the stuff her girls out grow and i don't mind. My sister in law shops at only your name brand expensive clothing stores. Her girls usually wear something once or twice and then it sits in the drawer or hangs in the closet until they out grow it. Then when she goes through there closet every year...my daughter is in heaven.

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Funny on the thread title....would your "brother-in-laws wife" be your sister instead? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    would your "brother-in-laws wife" be your sister instead

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPE it'd be my brother in laws wife......that said, John's sister in law.

Brandy