Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

brought my lathe home finally

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by rdn2blazer, Apr 3, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

some of you might have seen the lathe and some of the equipment I just bought and posted recently. well I asked my boss if I could keep it at work till I made space for it at home. well I managed to make space for the lathe and the saw. here a couple pics of the lathe in my garage. cant wait to get it hooked up and make some stuff.

DSCN0983.JPG

DSCN0984.JPG

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Congrats on getting it home. Man, that lathe is sweet... I was thinking about it this weekend while trying to do some boring on my 9x20.:crazy:

3. rdn2blazer

thanks Russ, you know I dont know what I was thinking. the reason I thought it was only a 1 in thru spindle is because I was looking thru the 5C draw tube. the machine is a 1 3/8 thru bore like we thought. if I ever decide to sell it I will be calling you. Steve, the guy that I got everything from was happy as a pig in s**t when he saw the pics and that I got it home. even wants me to e mail the pics to him so he can show the family its new home.

did you still want the drill bins? I was not sure if you changed your mind on those too, I assumed you did but I thought I would ask.

4. gauder

gauder Banned

Congrats, real clean looking piece. Is it a 12X36?

5. rdn2blazer

I wish it was that big. its just a 11X24 but it I will be able to do alot with it. want to throw a 1 in shank 1 3/4 cob end mill in the collet and fab up some tooling so I can tube notch with it. I will be able to use the compound angle incerments to set the angle for notching. will be quick with a serrated end mill. will beat me hole saw notcher for sure.

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

We still talking about lathes? ;)

Sent a PM about the index(s). Definitely let me know if it needs a new home. Maybe I can find a 10EE, 10K, 11 or 12 Logan, or something in that range soon... My 9x20 just has to work too hard with steel and the interupted cuts that I keep having to do... And I'm planning to do the same thing on my mill using corn cob or 2 flute roughing mill, or maybe even a home made single I would think would be fine for tube (if you can find the tool stock for decent money). Ebay here I come! ;)

7. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That thing looks like a good ol' piece of American iron, as opposed to a Chinese made (Central Machinery) piece of crap from Harbor Freight.

8. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

That's sweet. What's that piece hanging off the tailstock end? Is that a tool rest for wood turning?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it's part of something completely different you have leaning on the toolbox. Super clean looking lathe. I like that the previous owner is stoked about his lathe going to a good home, means he cared for it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  9. gauder

gauder Banned

It's belt driven right?

10. rdn2blazer

yes, belt drive.