Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brown Bread install(sound deadener)PIC'S

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BobK, Jul 12, 2003.

1. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Brown Bread install(sound deadener)PIC\'S

I installed a product called "Brown Bread".It's a sound deadening material that when compared to "DynaMat" came out ahead in tests.
    Anyhow I covered the whole inside of my Blazer with it.Inside the doors and the whole floor,firewall to tailgate.
    It took 2 days total to install.The product is a sticky tar like substance with a foil backing to it.
    You apply it to the area you want covered and then heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun (this softens it) then roll it smooth with a 1" roller that was included.
    It cost me $120.00 for 1 roll.One roll covers 70sqft.I used 1.5 rolls because I covered EVERYTHING on the inside of the truck.

Results:
    I like it.It makes the doors sound like a new car door when you close it...solid sounding!I have 6x9 speakers in the doors and the "Brown Bread" has improved their sound as well.
    I must say it is MUCH quieter in the truck now.
    I would recommend this product to anyone who wants some serious sound deadening.
    I got it on E-Bay.The guys sells it there or at his site here.$159.00 on his site.It's cheaper on E-Bay though,125.00.Do a search on E-Bay for "brown Bread" and you'll find it here.

Here are a couple pic's
    This is how it's shipped to you.About 20lbs shipping wt.
    [​IMG]

It's about 1mil thick,here's a close up of it.
    [​IMG]

Here it is after smoothing it out in the door.A little bumpy as there was some rust inhibitor already on the door.
    [​IMG]

The front done.I did end up doing the kick panel area's as well.
    [​IMG]

The rear floor,bed walls and wheel wells covered with "Brown Bread"
    [​IMG]

2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Brown Bread install(sound deadener)PIC\'S

I want to put sound deadner in my blazer too, but first I want to put some bedliner down so if water gets under there it will not rust. Looks good keep us posted.

P.S. i found me some Gator Gaurd. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Re: Brown Bread install(sound deadener)PIC\'S

Good.Hope the dealer was close by.
    I laid down a coat of generic roll-on bedliner before I installed the Brown Bread.
    [​IMG]