Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Browsers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Mar 1, 2007.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I see reference to several here and on other sites all of the time. I use IE, and have with no problem, but there must be a reason that people use others. What do you use and why?

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i have firefox, was sugested a while back and i like it so its good enuff for me, seam to get less pop ups with it, also like the tabs.

why suport a monopoly?

to help you deside watch this

http://thatvideosite.com/video/2105

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

ahahahahahaha

Edit: God I am such a geek for laughing at that.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have both IE7 and Firefox. I still use IE because it works with everything. Firefox sometimes takes some tweaking to work with some sites
    My wife and daughter both take online courses. Firefox does not work well with the interactive stuff they do from our local college. They have to use IE. I installed Firefox because i thought my kids would like it better than IE but they both said they liked IE better.
    I have always liked IE. I have tried others like netscape, mozilla ect but always go back to IE.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Firefox, but I have kept IE just because there are some sites that don't work with Firefox, and those sites are usually ran by the State of Oklahoma:rolleyes:

6. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Firefox is supposed to be less susceptible to viruses and other intra web type herpes. I've had a lot less issues since I switched from I.E.

7. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Maxthon.

IE type interface with tabs and lots of other cool features. Plus it uses less system resources than IE ever thought of.

I've used for 2 years now and love it.

John

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Look for the add on called ietab or something like that, it lets you right click and select the ie engine inside of firefox or open an ie tab, kinda kewl

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've tried others, but IE is easiest to me. Firefox became a pain in the arse to update all the time, and IE is built in anyway.

Have you tried IE 7? I'm not thrilled about it, but I like tabbed browsing. That was about the only thing I found worthwhile in Firefox, and now that it's in IE, FF doesn't do anything for me.

I've heard good things about Opera and keep meaning to DL and try it, just never remember when I can actually do something about it.