Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by COCHEV, Nov 1, 2002.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

It's a whopping 3 degrees this morning! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Its too early in the year for this crap. what's it going to be like in december and january? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    what's it going to be like in december and january?

[/ QUOTE ] cold followed by more cold followed by even colder /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI think the weather person's standard line will be..it's a bit nipply out this month!/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I know how you feel, It was 8 here. Warmed up to 25 though!

5. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

it got down to 4 here, probably have snow up to our arses this year /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Nooooooooooooo. i work outside everyday. snow is a pain in the arse. love to play in it but working in it sucks. actually i'll take the cold over the wet and snow. at least your dry that way. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif if only i could have one of those desk jobs. LOL! i can't sit still that long though!

7. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

no shlt ! they said since el nino is gonna make cali wetter we will be dryer which mena s colder /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Holey heat wave, Batman! its all the way up to 9 this morning. Where's my shorts and tank top?!

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I think I prefer cold weather without wind tho............east county has been getting the 'east winds' all week, even tho it's 32 this morning, that dang wind sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

allright blazinor i have been dying to ask you this! how well do you know the lewis river? and have you been in woodland before? i used to be a cop down there was a very quiet city before that damn mountain blew! i moved to woodland from north carolina and pretty much grew up there went to high school and later worked for the police department! but the big city called me so now i am up in the seattle area, well right outside of it! i grew up right on the lewis river, we had a house on the river right up the street from the salmon hatchery! as kids that were we would get our salmon! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif not much to do there growing up but get into trouble! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif typical kid stuff like knocking mailboxes over turning signs around building snow blocks across the road and than bombarding cars as they went by with snow balls! ahh the good ol' days! my best friend still lives there he is a great guy and has to call me all the time to tell me about the salmon runs and deer and elk hunting! i just saw your pic's awhile ago and was just shocked that someone knew where the lewis river was, hell i was there when the mountain went what an experience we got chased out of our house by the police, got evacuated for a week from it, also lost my cat! st. helens sure has changed alot, we used to ride our dirtbikes up there all the time to go visit harry, but now he is part of that mountain, what a shame, but i got all kinds of pics of swimming in that river and boy i don't miss how cold it is! just took my kids down there this summer and they made me jump off the big rock i used to jump off of as a kid, they made me go first, then they went and the looks on there faces when they hit that cooooollllddd water! priceless! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif anyway just wondered how often you go there and do you ever stop to eat at the oak tree? good food there!

kelly

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yep, Oak Tree is a usual stopping spot for us on the way up the river. We camp every year for a week up at Beaver Bay, up a few miles from Merwin Dam. Great spot..........and every year we do a number of hikes in the Mt. St. Helens area, last year we climbed the mountain! What an experience.............left the Climbers Bivouac at 7:30 and was back down by 4............did it August 1st. Figure, hey, shorts and a t-shirt ought to do it............wrong. Ended up in jeans, GoreTex boots and three layers up top............up top at 8300 feet the wind was blowing about 40 mph (so Jack's Store personnel said), had a view of Rainier for literally seconds then the cold cloud/fog/rain came in.............had a great view of Adams going up - this is the view............

[​IMG]

The Lewis River valley is gorgeous. Great hikes and lots to do......... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif