Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brush on bedliner product as undercoating?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Alex, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Alex

Alex Registered Member

Has anyone used the brush on bed-liner product as an undercoating on his or her rigs? Seems to me it would work well. Any input would help me decide. Thanks,

2. OldBlew

OldBlew Registered Member

Check out April 2002 Petersen's.
    They indicate that if you F up with the roll-on, the spray on can't be put on over the top of it. It has to be ground off first.
    Good article, I may roll the floor on my Suburban. No masking is required and it is cheap. I'm just conserned about any wires that may run along the floor. I hope there aren't too many......
    I gave up on carpet a long time ago. Up here in Alaska, it never dries out, turns to ice and gets hell muddy. It is nice to hose out the truck occasionally.

3. Alex

Alex Registered Member

Sorry I wasn't clear, but the application would be for underneath, outside of the rig.

4. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I have seen it done on rigs in the magazines. I hope to do it one day. I think it is slightly overkill but I think it would make it easier to keep it clean and rust free under there.

5. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I used Herculiner on both sides of my new inner fenders and it worked great. They've been on the rig for two years and don't show any signs of stone chips or anything, no rust at all. They've been put through hell too... getting pounded with rocks, mud, ice, road salt, pretty much anything my TSL's can get ahold of. There's actually dents where the tires launched rocks into the fenders but didn't chip the liner at all. I would have used it under the body too but I figured it would be a pain to try and get at everything under there with a roller, so that got sprayed with regular rubber undercoating.