Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Brutality and Viciousness of Political Campaigns

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Well, in the only Congressional race happening in my area this election year, a House race, the incumbent and his challanger have been demonizing each other as much as they can and downright viciously attacking each other in their ads, with a complete disregard for each other's dignity. Which is getting me to wonder:

Is a day not long in coming in this country where if you get into politics on a national stage, not only will you have to have skin like a dragon's, but so will your family? The way election year rhetoric keeps escalating every time elections roll around, I'm starting to think that soon political candidates will consider attacks on the private actions and character of their opponents' kids and wife/husband to be free game too meaning a politician's family has to be thick skinned too, and willing to deal with being demonized and attacked rhetorically by others.

Also possibly we're not in long in coming before we actually on certain days have actual fights breaking out on the floor of the House and Senate like was happening at times in the years leading up to the Civil War? I think we do, if the current atmosphere of partisan bloodshed continues in Washington, D.C. Right now, I see blood from the Republican/Democrat partisan fighting flowing like a river out of the Capitol everyday. *shakes head*

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

attacks on peoples family? Where have you been? Already happens. The actions of a political figures family has always been a part of the campaigning bull.

3. Inu-Hanyou1776

Okay, how about political figures on the record using the dirtiest, most profane language they can find to attack their opponent? And yes I mean, them actually on the record in front of a microphone and cameras saying stuff, quote-unquote, like 'f*** you, go to hell, etc.' to their rivals?

And how about actual fights breaking out on the floor of Congress? We not to far from that actually happening possibly?

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

under a rock... i thought we determined that months ago?

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Bloodshed? That would be hysterical to watch the mamby pamby pacifistic left try and take on the gun toting right. First good fist fight on the floor and somebody needs to crotch kick old Kennedy (hic) immediately.....

6. Inu-Hanyou1776

I'd actually love to see that! Maybe we aren't too far off from returning to the pre-Civil War days of spectacular brawls in Congress!!