Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bubba Crossed the Line This Time

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 15, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

74 in a 65. Way wrong..........................................

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Are you saying that you gt a ticket??????

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Nope, don't even think the trooper will log it as a contact:D :D :D

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

74 in a 65? is that bad in oklahoma? its pretty much routine in NV

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

In sunny Cali, if you are doing 74, then half the world is tailgating your ass trying to get to their spin cycling class with a triple shot low fat soy latte with no whip in one hand and a cel phone calling their life counselor in the other steering with their knees hoping their Birkenstocks don't get stuck under the brake pedal while their canine du jour is yipping in the backseat because their designer dog food isn't sitting well with the Evian spritzer........

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Well, I must say that the nOOb trooper was hard up for contacts. I was running 70 when he turned around on me and then waited until I started going downhill. That's okay though. He's a pretty good guy from what I have seen so far and doesn't have some BS "just got out of the trooper academy" ego trip going on.

I just remembered something though, he wasn't wearing his hat............:D

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i thought that would have been a little strange. You don't have a blue line on your vehicles to warn them off?

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Did you wait until he was just coming up on your rear quarter panel on foot and surge the gas just a little? That always gets their heart pumping as they skid to a stop and get ready to run back to their car for the pursuit.....

9. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I bet he still had his backwards mirrored sunglasses on!!!!!

10. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Did you flash the badge or play a cool cucumber?

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Nope, don't need it around here, everyone knows everyone. Besides, I've stopped three of my coworkers in the past. It's a little game we play with each other.

Last one I stopped, just about a month ago, I was out on a stop with an officer from another agency and my coworker was in his used to be Miata with cool, European sounding exhaust. He sees us and as he is coming up, he pulls over into the other lane and is going through the gears. Didn't know it was him at the time. So I broke from what I was doing and put the spurs to the Stallion and set sail. Unfortunately when I pulled up behind him, I started to notice that he looked pretty familiar.............................:haha: :haha: :haha:

Hmmm no. The wife would probably have been pissed if I got her pickup shot up. There's just some things you don't pull with the rookies:D

Actually he wasn't wearing any.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Didn't even have one with me. Like I said, we all know each other around here. I'm not one to badge the brothers, but if I go out of the area I'll usually have it out in the open so if I do get stopped, the officer will see and realize that there's guns around. Yeah that can be considered dirty pool, but when the roles are reversed, I like to know who I'm dealing with.

I look at it this way. If I approach the driver and he opens his wallet, I see the badge or he tells me he's an officer, then I don't have a problem with that. If before I can get out of my car, there's a badge hanging out the window and the guy wants to throw it my face, then he's going to get a ticket book enema on the spot. That second situation has happened to my coworkers and they've broke it off into whoever. I've had the first one happen to me. In fact it happened late at night and where I was I was stopping everyone I could due to an earlier theft. With the hours that we keep, it's not all that unusual to find a cop and his family on the road at 3am heading somewhere on vacation and that was what that incident was.

So in closing, I don't really give breaks because I very rarely make a stop where my intentions is to write up a hard copy. These days, I don't keep track on how many tickets I write, but I usually break out a new ticket book (25 per book) every three to four months and most of those go to people I haul to jail.