Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

??? Bubba, Help Me Out a Little Here...???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Dec 18, 2006.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I used to spend hours on CK5, laughing my nuts off, posting jabs at other members I knew personally as well as just from the board. It was really the greatest place on the internet. I didn't tell people about it unless I knew them well enough to know if they could comingle with civilized people.

Now the tables have turned. I've been gone, and I mean 'GONE' for a year or two, and hoped, but realized the likelihood poor, that CK5 had made it through those 2 years on the net too, without all the dickweeds and arsewholes you have to put up with for about a 20% positive return on your investment. In other words, post, expect 8 arsewhypes to reply, and maybe 2 will be civilized and actually not only answer your questions, but be nice about it too.

My re-entry into CK5 has been kind of a rough landing, and it looks like I'm burning up in the re-entry. I realize that I have 'poured out my soul' a couple of times, but hey, when you've been sure you were going to have the grim reaper come knock on the door of your one-room shack in the middle of the night, you get to the point where you really don't care if you offend people, you say what you want, tell people off when they piss you off, and of course get just a bit bitter.

I love this story: I had a lot of violence for the first 20 or so years of my life, so determined that before having children I would have to get that under control. Self-help books, therapy, talking to lots of dads, etc. And when the time came where I rightly got mad (many parents discipline based on how their day went rather than letting the punishment fit the crime...) and should have disciplined my son, I think he was two, I couldn't do it. I absolutely, positively could not raise my hand even to give him a little heart-breaking spank on the diaper to let him know, "NO". My wife was furious. I had completely taken all the wrong classes. I need to know HOW to discipline, not fear over-doing it!!! Anyway, one day I'm pumping gas and my kids are in the back seat of the Camaro, still strapped in, paying at the pump. Punk kid (I'm 36 now, 35 at the time) pulls up with the "I'm doing my own body work in my garage" look, headers with turndowns under the rear axle (I can tell by the sound, didn't have to check it out. 302, aluminum intake and JUNK Holley greezy as hell on top of it, half the vacuum ports blocked off, the other half leaking vacuum. Probably thought it was cool to hear it idle at 3,000 due to all the vacuum leaks. Looked like a monkey could have done a better job of installing a motor when he opened the hood. I'm in my '97 Camaro SS, no visible mods, but a 13.01-13.03 car. 6 speed. Kid wants to race, I say I'd love to, but not with the kids in the car. He looks in to see the kids in the back seat. I told him maybe later out on University where everybody cruises, but no way no how do I race with kids in the car, and rarely in town in broad daylight for any reason (except for the NEW HEMI Charger I had to WAX!!!)... Kid said something like "****ing Pussy, gets in his car, and drives off. I got back in, not sure whether the kids heard any of it or not, and Son asks me, "Why didn't you hit that guy Dad?" I say, "What???" He says, "He called you a pussy (son is 6) and if a kid calls me names on the playground I punch him!!!) I couldn't be more proud!!! So we pulled over and had ice cream while we had a long lectue about violence, when to use it, when to use a LOT of it, when to run, and when to walk away. I was raised that you should never, ever start a fight, but if one comes looking for you, you'd better finish it and make an example of it or you're in for a lot more of it down the road. And all these years I was worried I would haul of and plant one in some guy's throat right in front of my kids, and the learned more on the playground than I knew when I was 10!!!

Anyway, I have forums to go to for 'special people' like me, recovering from major illness and the aftermath of whatever happens to your family, but I'm sick of that and I really want to talk about cars and trucks, and I haven't made it past the lounge yet nor made myself useful yet, but I don't know any more than I knew 2 years ago, so... :thinking:

Bubba, I think you and I threw a few punches here and there but I really like you, and I wonder what you think... I know what my Doc is going to say! "Scott, you just went through so much trauma in your head, both physical and emotional, you just can't expect to be ready to interact with your old, comfortable world yet. It won't feel comfortable when you walk in, and then where will you be? Wait a litle longer with the internet friends before trying the real 3D ones, OK?" Yeah, she's said this before, but internet friends can't yell "Yee-Haw" when you're digging 6" deep ruts through your back yard while pushing an old junk car sideways into the jungle, so as not to attract attention to it. Job well done. With the crazy tan soil you guys have here, the ruts were like a neon sign pointing right to the scene of the crime!!!

My life is in your hands, Bubba. What would YOU Do?:bow:

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I don't know how to respond to you, because you're all over the place with your posts. I understand this has to do with your recent experiences, but I've never encountered anything like it, aside with HiPi, who was a complete and total ****ing lunatic.

I'm probably not the only one who is misplaced by your jumps, and I know I'm not the only one who responded less than positively. I'll give it another shot though, but don't be surprised if I (and maybe others) up and say "Eat ****" if you get bent out of shape about something. Take a lesson from Avery- if we give you advice and you ignore it/call it bull****, we'll bite you in the ass. In a non-homo-ghey sort of way... :D

Keep trying.

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Gotcha. Stings a little being on the 'Outside Looking In' after this was one of my favorite hangouts and I'd like to think I was well respected while I was here every day. But I'm jumping in against Doc's Orders, so what can I expect, eh?

From what I can tell it's still a cool place, so maybe I'll shy away from here for a while and ressurect myself from other old hangouts and see if I can 'practice' cohabitating with them before I blow it with my favorite place on the web...

The jumping around out of order and all... Partly just get distracted and go off on tangents, but also DO have some memory damage that may be lost forever, so I may remember going to IHOP one way one day and then confuse it with a different trip to IHOP later on. I know that just made it clear as mud, but it's about as clear as it is to me as well... :doah:

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I do that daily. Maybe it was all those paint chips I ate... :dunno:

:haha:

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

or those power lines you live under

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Or the repeated droppings as an infant...

7. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

not dropped, misplaced invertedly...

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

My life is in your hands, Bubba. What would YOU Do?:bow:[/quote]i think BRB would give you the Romulus PD CPR.pumping your heart with his boot while helping you breath by blowing from a standing position.:haha: :haha: :haha: i could be wrong though.:laugh:

9. boggerless

i used to like the white ones.:D

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

My Mom threw me because of a spider once.

Well it was a really big spider.

11. boggerless

:haha: :haha: :haha: you seem as normal as the rest of the folks on here. wait where is the edit thingy.

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

When I was 8 my sister convinced me it was a good idea to go down a flight of stairs in a cardboard box.

Tom

13. boggerless

:haha: LMAO:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: see that explains this place more and more..:wink1: :haha: :haha:

14. boggerless

just remembered my problem.we had sheds and a big chicken coop growing up.we used to sword fight from one to the other.i went to jump off the chicken coop,as i took flight my belt loop caught a bolt sticking out of the back.i spun like a pin wheel and then landed on my head.:doah: :haha: :haha:

15. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I can visualize that.. too bad youtube wasn't around then..

16. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

BRB.............

Please, Please, Please get a reply on this stat. I need a good laugh.

17. boggerless

picture a fat kid with a 1in by 1in by 3ft long piece of wood.wearing green courdaroy bigbells.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

My brain is ****ing frozen.:mad:

19. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Quit huffing

20. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Well I have a little acronym I like to use when life gets a little much, it's called FIDO.
    **** It, Drive On.

John