Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BUBBA RAY! New Recruit For Nor-Cal

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, May 20, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Meet "Bigger Is Better". He lives in Livermore... Thought you might want to contact him about Nor Cal Bigdawgs. Nice little truck eh?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Cool beans. That thing is big.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Nice! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. landsmasher

His name is Chad... CK5 Member. Profile...

Dear Santa,
    Please give me a step ladder for Christmas... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It's a cool looking truck, but from the pics that I've seen it doesn't have a front shaft, and doesn't look like it can run one because it's so tall. Not to mention the minor detail of 44" Boggers on a Dana 44... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif </font>

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> and doesn't look like it can run one because it's so tall. Not to mention the minor detail of 44" Boggers on a Dana 44... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can run a front shaft, its just a matter of making the right one. I've got a 6" lift on my truck and I do just fine even though I've got the shortest stock driveshaft they ever made.

7. landsmasher

uh.... this one is 18 inches... So he's building the truck from the tires up... Sounds like a plan to me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> and doesn't look like it can run one because it's so tall. Not to mention the minor detail of 44" Boggers on a Dana 44... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can run a front shaft, its just a matter of making the right one. I've got a 6" lift on my truck and I do just fine even though I've got the shortest stock driveshaft they ever made.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif OK, I'll be more specific, Captain Literal. In order to run a front driveshaft, he'd have to pay an assload of money to have the knuckles cut and turned, spring perch removed and reattached at the proper angle, and have the spring pad on the housing remachined, then run a shaft with one of Jesse's high angle CVs which would be one hell of a high dollar shaft. Then he can hope that the pinion still gets enough oil when it's pointed 45 degrees up. Or he could run a shaft with high angle CVs on both ends, AKA The Most Expensive Driveshaft Ever Conceived By Man. Happy?

I run about 7" of lift and can use a normal CV driveshaft just fine, I could get away with a standard shaft if I wanted to. Big difference between 6" of lift and 12+". </font>

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    OK, I'll be more specific, Captain Literal.

[/ QUOTE ]

He got promoted?????