Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bubba Ray wants to apply for this job

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

http://www.earthfirstjournal.org/efj/collective.html
    Staff Opening
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Earth First! Journal, located in sunny Tucson,
    Arizona, has an opening for a new member of our
    editorial staff.

It could be you.(er dude, I'm there or something!!!)

Being a part of the Journal is full of rewards-working
    on a consensus basis with a tight five-person
    collective(sounds like a bunch of slap happy commies to me, not good) among a supportive community to publish a
    magazine essential to the radical environmental movement.

Our new long-term editor ideally will have publishing
    experience(been published in a highly respected high school periodical), be personally compatible with existing
    staff(if they don't eat read meat and have something against Ronald Reagan, we might get sideways of each other), have pounds of patience(patience is a virtue and I'm all out of virtue), be computer literate(well duh!),
    have excellent editing skills(it's dawg !) and have a sense of
    humor(so there was this treehugger, a fourwheeler and a nun....). As a collective(there's that darn commie speak again, this might not work out after all), all of the work is shared(damn skippy), so
    a motivated(you bring the donuts, I bring the work), hard-working individual is required(so would I get to experience company paid travel studying environmental issues in such places as Moab, Baja and Tellico?)!

To apply, send your resume and a letter of interest to
    the Earth First! Journal, POB 3023, Tucson, AZ 85702.
    Please forward a writing sample(So there I was.......), activist(is this something to do with the Wonder Twins powers?) history and
    the names of some EF! activists(well, can't say I know anyone like that. Oh wait, there was that little prick in my class a few years ago who worshipped you dope smoking, tree hugging sons and daughters who didn't know y'alls daddies along with the sticker on his 4runner who thought it was cool to wheel said 4runner on private land illegally) who can vouch for you.

2. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Bubba you ought to apply for that job!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You'd only be there for the first issue cause they would fire you /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.......but boy I'd like to see your editorial!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You'd only be there for the first issue cause they would fire you

[/ QUOTE ]
    They wouldn't have the chance. Y'all see, this is what the plan would be. I'd be wired, dressed like some dirty, scruggy hippy smelling like tofu and Mexican agriculture. This would throw them for a loop. This would be our first editorial sit down.

Now as we are sitting there discussing the benefits of firebombing nuclear research labortories and releasing lab mice, 10,000 hardcore wheelers would be parked down the street along with the local FBI dudes. Now as myself and these "people" move on into discussing the comparisions between hemp TP and the bare hand, I would give the secret code words into the hidden mic, "The air/fuel mixture is lean, the air/fuel mixture is lean."

Then the wheelers come in with the FBI, and we strip these heathens down to their skivvies and we hook them up to the Optimas. Of course, the first couple of jolts ain't gonna get what we need, but they will soon give us the names and addresses of each and every EF! bozo on the planet and it's time for the FBI to go ahuntin!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

They wouldn't have the chance. Y'all see, this is what the plan would be. I'd be wired, dressed like some dirty, scruggy hippy smelling like tofu and Mexican agriculture. This would throw them for a loop. This would be our first editorial sit down.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I could just imagine that!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Now as we are sitting there discussing the benefits of firebombing nuclear research labortories and releasing lab mice, 10,000 hardcore wheelers would be parked down the street along with the local FBI dudes.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifI'm sitting here imagining the look on their faces!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifSo when are you applying?? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

They wouldn't have the chance. Y'all see, this is what the plan would be. I'd be wired, dressed like some dirty, scruggy hippy smelling like tofu and Mexican agriculture.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ok so what the hell would you do when one of them smelled the tofu on you and figures you like it then offers you a big fat slice of that beigh wigly stuff that looks like something that a coyote ate and sh!t over a cliff?

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Ok so what the hell would you do when one of them smelled the tofu on you and figures you like it then offers you a big fat slice of that beigh wigly stuff that looks like something that a coyote ate and sh!t over a cliff?

[/ QUOTE ]
    No thanks, I just ate, not hungry. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Bubba,

If ever there was a job made you, this is it. The avid readers of that rag could benifit greatly from your points of view. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you cant get the job. you would have to go away form the "Best state in the US" and come to AZ. an we cant have ya here. to much sand for you to ruin...
    Grant

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

you cant get the job. you would have to go away form the "Best state in the US" and come to AZ. an we cant have ya here. to much sand for you to ruin...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't worry, I've spent a few months at a time hanging in AZ, though it's all been right off the Navajo Rez. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif