Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bubba's brothers in arms

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Jul 7, 2005.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

So im out in OKC till next week, and have been here for about a month and a half now. They got me working in the shop now , kinda dooing the job i was actually trained for.
    Low and behold someone comes into the shop looking for volunteers to go do a gun shoot to get qualified on the M-16 and the 9mm Berreta. So of course my hand shoots up, and belive it or not i get to go.
    Tue, Wed, Thurs. are the days, Tue beeing the classroom portion, and wed thur. beeing shoot days(turned out thurs was just a clean the guns day)
    Class room was ok they just told us when it was ok to shoot people and how to aim. The whole time some guy(Mr. Joe Sharp Shooter) was braggin about how good a shot he was and how he always gets high scores. Me, i havent shot a real rifle in about 2 years, i was just hoping to qualify.
    Turns out I shoot better than anyone in the whole class, 215 out of a possible 280(ithink) for the Pistol, and 165 out of a possible 200 for the M-16,
    i get a little ribbon with a bronze "S" on it now, Im a sharp shooter. Misses Expert by 5 points on the rifle and 12 points on the pistol. That would have gotten me a 2 more medals. Oh well. :D
    Oh and the whole thing took place on the OKC sherrif's gun range. pretty cool guys. Wouldent mind haveing that job, those guys pack alot of wepons in thier trunks thats for shure!!! :D

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

That's one thing I'll miss about the military. I scored expert marksman on the 9mm, but I shot it all the time and it took me 5 years to get that good. Never fired expert on the 16 though. Barely passed really. Good job for not shooting in 2 years. I prolly couldn't hit the broad side of a barn now :haha:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like a cool way to spend a work week. :D

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya pretty much what i thought but our M-16's have full auto, but we diddent get to shoot them on full auto though, i was kinda dissapointed

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You know, most people that go to that range during the summer, like I did last year; wouldn't be talking about the shooting. They'd be bitching about the heat and the humidity and the overall crapiness of being out there in the summer. Was it CLEET orange hats running you guys through? And did anyone speed through Forest Park????????????

:haha: :haha: :haha:

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

it actually wasetn hot at all it was pretty nice
    dont know what you mean by the last 2 questions. I was a NAVY qual with NAVY instructors. dont klnow where forest park is
    we did the whole thing on the rifle range

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If you go out on the road from the range (out by the driving track) and head west, that swanky little neighborhood you drive through is Forest Park. Seems like they have a reputation and when CLEET has range days, there's usually an officer sitting on the side of the road. :D

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

this must be a different range, its right by the base off at the end of air depot, out by the GM plant

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i always loved the m16.. shot expert three years straight back in the grunts. Its caliber is marginal, but its light recoil and weight made it easy to pack around and easy to fire relatively rapidly with a good amount of accuracy.

j

10. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Military M16/M4's suck. Unless they are brand new out of the crate. Otherwise they are totally hammered, loose and abused.

That said, I always qualified expert with the M16, M9 Berretta and the hand grenade. I was full active duty for 4 years, on a M1A1 tank, so our primary personal weapon was the M9. We HAD to qualify with it. Each tank had one M16, so most of our qualifications were mostly just for familiarization. Funny thing about qualifing with the M16 was that I ALWAYS hit the 300m target. Each time I missed one of the 50m targets...lol And I only got to go to the grenade range 3 times. Once in basic and twice after. Those things are soooooo cool. :eek1: :bow: