Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bubbles in my oil

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudRebel350, Jul 17, 2000.

1. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

I checked my oil today and noticed when the truck wasnt warm there were tiny bubbles on the dipstick. I checked it again when it was warm and they were gone. Whats going on here someone tell me, I know this can't be too good.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Not sure I would agree with the water theory, maybe some condensation, but not radiator water. It would make the oil kind of a milky color and antifreeze would turn it green. (My oil turned green once and so did my face). Check under the oil cap for "cream". Other than that I have noooooo idea. Good luck.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well if it was a BHG, Cracked head/block or any other way of coolant getting in your oil would have a chocolate milk look to it when the oil and water mixed and it would be more likly that you would see "bubbles" on your dip stick AFTER the engine had just been run. If your oil looks normal and your truck seems to have Normal oil pressure then don't worry about it. Probably just a bubble attaching to the stick as it was removed from the engine.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I've seen this before, too. My theory is that it's just air that's coming out of solution in the oil when it has been sitting for a while.

I've seen this on dipsticks for my helicopters, and I KNOW there's no oil problems with them. So, I wouldn't worry too much .

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

6. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

I agree, there's nothing to worry about. I have experienced this with my wifes 96 cavalier. Ain't nuthing but a thang........

7. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

My oil pressure gauge is sitting right around 30. From what I know and have been told this is good. Thanks guys. When it comes to my truck i want it done right. When its a riceburner I dont give a [censored].

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy