Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bubbles in transmission fluid

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by larsfrog, Jul 18, 2004.

1. larsfrog

larsfrog Registered Member

I have a somewhat new 700R4 transmission (~2yrs old), and a couple of days ago I noticed that the gasket was leaking. So I checked the transmission fluid level and it was a little low but I also noticed some bubbles in the fluid, I have not noticed it shifting and different or slipping. I was wondering what the cause may be and should I be concerned? I have not towed anything with the transmission just normal daily driving.

2. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a somewhat new 700R4 transmission (~2yrs old), and a couple of days ago I noticed that the gasket was leaking. So I checked the transmission fluid level and it was a little low but I also noticed some bubbles in the fluid, I have not noticed it shifting and different or slipping. I was wondering what the cause may be and should I be concerned? I have not towed anything with the transmission just normal daily driving.

[/ QUOTE ]

you could possibly have water in your tranny but you should be able to tell if the color is a little off
    it will look like a strawberry milkshake instead of the darker color of ATF.

if you are woried at all just have your fluid changed ?

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If you havent changed your tranny fluid. Do It Now! . If that fluid has been in there for 2 years you are about 1 year over due for a fluid change. To keep your 700r4 happy change the fluid once a year. Heat and fluid breakdown are the 2 biggest factors in trans failures.If the fluid is foaming it is breaking down and going bad.