Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bucket seats in a K20... need pics of brackets...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Calclips, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I've got a hookup on some free 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP seats from a buddy of mine, I need some pics of what other people have done to swap in seats from another vehicle. Tips would help too, I can't pass this deal up... the seats are in perfect condition except one of them has one burn hole in it.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I built a rectangular frame out of 1.5" square tubing that uses 1/4" thick tabs welded on to bolt to the 4 stock holes in the floor for the bench, the buckets then bolt to the frame. Pretty simple to build and works great. Gives you an easy surface to build a console on also. </font>

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Sweet, sounds fairly easy.... do you have any pics of the setup?

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i wis this site was around when i was 19. i put in bucket seats and did the best i could with what i had to work with.i had the seat break off the floor as i turned a corner , i fell to the floor and went through the side of a house. no one was hurt except me,thank god.i'll never chince out again.do it right the first time /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

So what are you saying, do you think that the tube frame with the tabs is a bad idea? I started thinking it out and I've got a pretty good plan of how it will work in my head. I figure I'll cut all the pieces myself and make up the tabs, but I'll have a shop weld it all up for me.

6. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

I'm wanting to do the exact same thing in my truck, so if and when you do it make sure you keep all the specs and stuff. Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    So what are you saying, do you think that the tube frame with the tabs is a bad idea?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think he is saying it is a good idea and wishes you were around before he messed up the first time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif