Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bucket Seats in the rear

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fmf_corpsman, Apr 25, 2007.

1. fmf_corpsman

fmf_corpsman Registered Member

I am currently deployed to Afghanistan, so I cant check myself. That being said I I have a 90 Jimmy and would like to know if any of you would think the front seats would fit to replace the rear bench, and how much trouble would it be(if worth it at all). Thanks in advance.

2. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would think the factory Hi-backs would be too tall. Other than that the mounting would be a headache to make brackets to fit the factory points unless yo were also building a cage. I don't recall what model you have either but the floors are different for a 79 (I think) and older vs. 79 and newer. Since the floors are different the mounts were also different. I will go and measure mine (a 90) in a few minutes for ya.:wink1:

3. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Rough measurements on mine

Back seat area floor to ceiling: 42"
    Front seat with brackets: 38"
    Front seat w/out brackets: 33"

The seat measurements are taken at the back where the seat has a natural recline of about 1.5" front to back. Better option it seems would be to get some mastercraft or other rear seat althought the cost is a lot more. Unless of course you have the patience to build the mounting brackets.

4. fmf_corpsman

fmf_corpsman Registered Member

Bulldog,
    Thanks for the response. Guess that is one more project scrapped for when I get back.