Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bucket seats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jaredmajor, Jan 18, 2006.

1. jaredmajor

jaredmajor Registered Member

I have a 78 k-10 and want bucket seats. I was thinking of mastercraft seats, but am impatient and was wanting to know if seats from something else would just bolt right in. Eventually i will have suspension seats, but for now i just want buckets. Any help would be appreciated.

2. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

I dont know of any seats that just " bolt right in " other then oem seats but I fabbed up brackets and mounted a pair of buckets from a '98 Grand Cherokee and that looks and works real well.

3. absolute

absolute Registered Member

I found a set of bucket seats at a local yard yesterday for $150 out a 04 Nissan Sentra type R (whatever) but they were import seats and they looked really comfortable...(lumbar and tilt forward..etc) the car had about 9k on it before it was wrecked. might go pick them up and fabricate some mounts till i get my cage!

4. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Nothing but OEM will be able to bolt right in. You'll have to fab seat stands/brackets to get any other seat to fit right. Plus, you'll have to find seats that will fold foward so that you will still have access to the back. After my OEM's were stolen, I fabbed in a cheap seat I got at a junkyard and drove without a passenger seat for 6 months, then I finally found some OEMs to put in. Fabbing wasn't all that hard. I recommend you have a welder if yor going to make your own mounts.

5. ct85k10

ct85k10 1/2 ton status

what back he sayed it was a k10 which is a pickup

dont some k5s and subs have buckets if so they may bolt in but i don't know if not i would think they would be the option with the least fabrication required

just my .02

6. midnitewarya

You don't know? Some K10's came with the option of a "rear temporal void", which was basically a tear in space that gave you access to thousands of cubic feet of interior cargo space. :rolleyes:

Or, I read that too quick...:o

Al

7. ct85k10

ct85k10 1/2 ton status

so thats where every thing i put behind my seat goes :D

it might be good to have a seat that folds forward some to be able to get to the small space behind the seat

colby

8. midnitewarya

If I remember right, which doesn't happen often, my dads old '87 had a bench seat that folded fowards just a little bit.

Anyway though, fabbing one to do that would end up being alot of extra work. Iv'e seem some nice custom work with bucket seats and consoles. If you just got the two buckets in there, you would have plenty of room to reach behind to grab stuff. Just don't slip into the void. :)

9. absolute

absolute Registered Member

Another option which i forgot to mention was S-10 seats. I mounted them in my K10 a while back before i sold it. They were out of a 94 and the looked great and matched my interior, and the fab job was really quick, and i was still able to get to the "Void" and then i installed a K5 center console. I'll see if i can find some pics.

10. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

my friend might be selling some from a pick up soon. i think red. pm me if you want price on them. woodchucklt500@yahoo.com he sells good stuff. and has 100% feedback on ebay with over 350 sales total:eek1: :D