Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bucket Seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Dec 15, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Where can I get a set of bucket seats that are better than stock but dont have to be high performance or racing seats... just more confortable with more support that will bolt right on to a K5
    Thanks

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    Kn, 4.56's.
    In desperate need of a rebuild.
    Next- Eaton mech locker... Flows.

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Junkyard's if you are lurking there alot.. or are lucky enought when a nice Suburban come's in..
    I bought my 94 Suburban bucket's with arm rest's/power/gray/ no rip's or tears for $125.00
    There are deals to be had there..
    I also found some Mitsubishi buckets in a Eclipse.. they waned 50 for the pair..
    Or.. Geo Tracker's have nice bucket's.. and they are Neoprene cover's on them i believe..
    Just look around.. Junkyard's are my favorite place for anything.. if you have patience and good bargaining skill's..
    Hope this helps...
    Other wise.. you'll pay out the nose for seat's from other places..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

3. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

90-01 Chevy/GMC Subs, Yukons, Tahoes, Silverado pickups all have bucket seats that virtually bolt in K5's. I used a set of 98 Yukons that took me all of an hour to bolt in. Try for the extended cab pickups or 2 door Yukons/Tahoes. These trucks will allow the seats to flip forward for better access to the back seat of a K5. Nice fit, comfortable and look good. Some are all electric too with power lumbar support.

87 K5, 427BBC,D60 & 14BFF, NV4500, NP208, TSM disc's,

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

There are soooooooooo many choices you wouldn't believe it. Boneyards have great ones from other trucks/cars/vans and the aftermarket has great ones too. I run Flofit seats (pics on link to my site below). Anything is better than the stockers..........[​IMG].

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. migvon

migvon Registered Member

This is a topic that I am interested in as well. I have a 73'. How would I go about searching the junk yards? Do I simply tell them that I have a 73 and let them tell me what will fit or do I need to know specific makes and models that will work before I begin my search. I would prefer bolt in without having to fab mounts or brackets but I guess I could have some made if I found a seat worth doing that for. It would be very helpful if any of you guys that have done this kind of swap would post your blazer stats and the donor vehicle stats and if you had to do any fabrication. I have seen this topic a few different times on the board and I have searched the post and I really have not come up with any hard facts. If we compiled the info we could create a table for future reference. Just a thought.........any info is appreciated by all.

6. sinchphoto

sinchphoto 1/2 ton status

i got some seats from an astro van. work awesome. gray no rips recline, armrests. 100 bux

7. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

i got a set of buckets out of a 96 mazda 626 cronos, for 250 bucks canadian. they are full leather buckets with 6 way power drivers seat. and the tan leater matched my factory 73 tan color perfectly. they are the single best mod i have donw to the truck. creature comfort wise. but the wrecker is the best place to get seat. just ask them if you can walk around and look at stuff. oh ya those seats wern't a direct bolt up but it only took me and a buddy 45 minutes to weld up some new mounts. Godd Luck

73 Blazer 1Ton 6inch lift, 3 inch body, 36 inch swampers
    79 3/4 ton suburban, soon to be 6 inch lift, 3 inch body, and 44 in boggers. Oh ya

8. BigTaz77

BigTaz77 Registered Member

Hey Just wanted to let you all know, I found seats out of an old coversion van, got them bolted into my ride... Man so comfy and plenty of room tooo...armrests and all....

Just a thought...Cheap But Comfortable and Swappable!!

Got the seatbelts custom out of a little Chevy astro Minivan..the best I've had in a while..bolted right in!! just had to take the plastic cover off the retractor on bottom..gotta build something custom....But that is What we do here!! Am I right....

Laters
    BigTaz77

Love To Hear That Thunder Roll! Under the Hood That Is!

9. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

I am looking into new seats for my 74 but the problem is i want 4 matching buckets. no one likes to sit on the bench seat. especially when bouncing around in the sand. anybody ever put buckets in the rear, what kinda problems. maybe i'll get lucky and they will mount right in. hehehe.

10. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Same here! I have a 74 and plan on putting 4 bucket seats in as well. I saw a picture of someones Blazer with 4 bucket seats. I think it was moneypits Blazer?? It looked cool anyway!

74 Blazer
    Zepplin
    Check out my Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976>http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976</a>

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

&gt;no one likes to sit on the bench seat

funny, my gf and I love "sitting" on my Jimmys rear bench seat. 4 buckets? BAH!

Jason

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown

12. migvon

migvon Registered Member

13. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

There is a guy by my moms house that has 4 buckets in it.... I try to stop by this weekend and see the guy that owns it....

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!