Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bucking blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kw48653, Apr 27, 2006.

1. kw48653

kw48653 Registered Member

this blazer kinda bucks around when the speed levels out. don't have any problems when i'm accelerating or braking or switch down to a lower gear so that the engine stays under load.

any ideas? is this the infamous "death wobble"?

2. lrazer

lrazer 1/2 ton status

so your saying it happens at a steady cruise?
    what exactly is happening, Engine reving? or something suspension related?
    elaborate

3. kw48653

kw48653 Registered Member

yeah, steady cruise. when i accelerate or otherwise put a load on the suspension one way or the other (braking or slowing) it goes away.

4. 1-bad-burb

1-bad-burb Registered Member

first off, are you sure its not the road? with a blazers short wheelbase any little bumps can make it feel like its "bucking" and if your shocks are worn out it will just worsen the problem, also how are your tires? if they wear funny then you will get a little bucking, I've ridden in alot of trucks around here that bucked at steady speeds, and every single one had worn out tires and shocks, I wouldnt worry about it to much, from what I've seen around here with SWB trucks this is a commen problem, but you might also want to check your tires for blisters.