Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buckmasters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by babyburb, Jan 30, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

So I recieved a letter in the mail yesterday stating I was being turned into a collection agency because Buckmasters states I made a Verbal Agreement to pay them $126.31 for a 5 year membership.

September 26 of 06 a back country redneck sounding guy (no offense rednecks, I am part of the family) calls me up and asked me if I wanted to support a Hunt for the disabled. Being that I have an Uncle paralyzed from the chest down, I love to hunt, and I like helping people I told him to send me the info in the mail and I would look over it and then decide.

So the only thing I ever recieved was a bill for the price above and a magazine to buckmasters (3 or 4 so far). I have spoke with 3 different people over the last 3 months and told them all that I never verbally agreed to anything and they need to take me off their list.

Now I have to deal with a collection agency.

I am not very Happy right now.:mad:

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did you recieve magazines or anything?

3. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

yea 3 or 4 and I have told them 3 or 4 times now to stop sending them that I was not intrested and to take me off the list.

If I have to pay $10 or $15 for the mags I will. I still feel like I owe them nothing because I told them no in the first place.

It is low down dirty consumer ethics.

For a company to shove something down your throat (or in your mailbox) and expect you to cover the cost is ludicrous.

IMO

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You might want to confirm in writing that you 1) did not ask for a membership, 2) want the magazines stopped ASAP and 3) will pay for whatever has been sent, but no more.

5. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

We think alot alike. Here is a paste and copy of what I sent them.

To whom it may concern,
    I recieved a notice by mail that I was being turned into a credit agency for payment of $126.31. It claimed I "Verbally Agreed" to a 5 year membership on September 26 of 2006. The gentleman that I spoke to actually asked me if I wanted to help with Hunts for the disabled. I told him, and my wife can verify because she was sitting beside me as we spoke, was to send me more information by mail about the hunt and I would then decide.
    So maybe one of us did not understand? I have spoke with several others about "Payment" when they called my home and I told them the above statement and they very quickly, and In my opinion, abruply wanted to stop talking to me. One actually hung up the phone as I was trying to speak.
    My question to you is, Why does this type of customer service exists and expect anything from customers in return. Customer satisfaction is a major importance in any company and as of now I have not encountered any.
    Now, Please remove me from your mailing list and contact your collection agency in this regard. If I need to compensate you for sending out the 3 magizine issues, let me know. I did recieve a total of 3 magazines from you, although I did not request any, I will be glad to pay you for them if you deem it neccessary.
    Sincerely,

6. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Call your states attorney generals offfice.

7. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

just spellcheck it for abruptly, and add the word rude in there, and that some of your friends are, and now were, subscribers to their magazine, and this has them outraged... btw if you didnt sign anything, and they dont have it on tape, they can eat sand, even over the magazines...

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Tell them to call Cam's K5:haha: :haha: :haha:

9. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's why i've taken the approach of saying nochankyoo and hanging up.

10. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

when its not a number i know, i usually answer "maybels whorehouse, head mistress speaking"

one time i asked a telemarketer if she wanted to come over for dinner, i was having fava beans and chianti, and just needed her liver...

11. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I have started hanging up on people asking for stuff now. I do not have caller ID or I wouldn't answer it in the first place. I have not recieved a reply yet but I will keep you posted.

12. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

It's been a while and no reply on the email yet so I decided to call today and try to talk to someone. IT WenT FROM BAD TO I AM REALLY PISSED OFF NOW! So the guy asked my account number and I asked him if he meant the pin number. He went left on me. You gotta talk to the collection agency ain't nothing I can do. You verbally agreed ..... blah blah blah... I had to actually interupt him to get a word in. I said sir, I did not call today to get into it with anyone I just want to get to the bottom of this. He starts on another rant.
    So here is basically what I was told
    1. You were told by the guy you were signing up for a 5 year membership... I asked if he had the recording handy... he said that is what they say on these phone calls... Completely bogus
    2. WHen asked why I didn't call the customer serv. # I said I recieved a phone call once a month stating they were calling from Buckmasters and I told them at that point my situation and they said they would take care of it. This guy told me they are telemarketers and they had no authority to do anything. How am I suppose to know..they said we are with BUCKMASTERS...Damn'it NOT Hey I am a telemarketer and I have nothing to do with BUckmasters but I will take care of it. I reckon they do not have those recordings. He said what they were going to take care of is removing me from the calling list. Yet I got 5 or 6 calls.
    3. When I knew this guy was going to be an A$$ hole, I asked to speak with Jackie Bushman (CEO) "He's Huntin"

So basically I am screwed but guess what... My credit sucks anyway so they can rot in ... Well, you can fill in the blank.

Sorry for the long RANT. I haven't been this furious in a while. What I think is funny is how layed back the CEO sounds on his recording when he went on to say "And if you have any problems with your membership, we will do whatever it takes to make you happy." Bull $hit!

So for what it is worth, Buckmasters and all of its affiliates suck and have no customer service skills or morals whatsoever.

That is ALL!

13. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I used to try and be nice to telemarketers. Not anymore, I've gotten really good at saying no thanks and just hanging up. When my wife and I first got married she bought a cruise from a telemarketer. I guess it one of those little stumbles everybody goes through in the beginning. I like to never got that sh!t off our credit card.

14. Snowman1000

Snowman1000 1/2 ton status

I an email to buckmasters telling them that I as a member was totally appauled at there customer service and said that in a few weeks I will not be renewing my membership. (I really dont have one)

15. runamok151

runamok151 1 ton status Premium Member

make a report with your local consumer affairs or better business bureau. its usually part of your county prosecutors or attorney general's office. they can provide alot of information. they also have some clout and can usually get better results than an individual. it can also help save your credit. you may not care now, but you might in 5 or 10 years.

i recently went through the same bs with nextel.