Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buckshot Muds/other tire Performance

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Badbowtie3, Nov 18, 2000.

1. Badbowtie3

Badbowtie3 Registered Member

Florida - C.S.A. [*><*] - A Country boy can surviv
    When I get my 6in. susp. lift I obviously have to get bigger tires than my current 33's. I am debating on whether to get the 36x12.50x16 super swamper radials, the 30585R16 buckshot radial mudders or some long-lasting procomp 31575R16 mud terrains (all of these are the only tires that I can find and that I like that come in a 16" rim, also that are skinny enough for 8" wide rims.) When I can drive in december I will have to drive about 7-10 miles every morning to school. But I do like to wheel in mud, occasionally I go up to the mud drags and play in the pit after its over. What do yall think I should get... About how many miles will each of these tires last, if I rotate and balance them religously? They would be mounted on 16x8's on my 84 K20.

Mud holes are like problems in life, you always learn something from them

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Steve has 36x12.5x16 Swamper Radials and he says he's got about 14K on them and the tread is still good. I have these tires and I like them a whole lot. They work good in the mud, but dont have the street drawbacks of bias-plys. I say get the swampers. I think 16x8s will work but they'll last longer on 16x9.5s. I have mine on 15x10 8 lug whitespokes that I painted black.</font color=blue>

3. Badbowtie3

Badbowtie3 Registered Member

Florida - C.S.A. [*><*] - A Country boy can surviv
    How is the mileage on the buckshots?? also do they have good control and ride?

Mud holes are like problems in life, you always learn something from them

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I had the Buckshot Mudders on my '85 S-10, worked great in snow and mud but were incredibly loud on the streets. I can imagine they would be even louder in a larger tire size on a heavier truck. Good tire tho offroad..........

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

5. 87chvy4x4

87chvy4x4 Registered Member

i have know about 5 or 6 ppl who ran buck shots and they had bad problems outta them they keep exploding off rims they haad some kinda gas build up in side them other had the tire just to disenagrate

CaLeB
    RiVeR cItY oFfRoAd
    http://caleb.coloradok5.com