Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

buddy installed a linelock on his roadster...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5floyd, Jan 8, 2005.

1. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

is that like a custom built roadster or did he start with something?

3. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i have a line lock on my sandrail . but its for the rear and i use it for
    my parking brake :thumb:

4. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

his grandpa built in the early 80s from scratch and spent a whopping 1000 dollars to build it. had a toyota 4 banger and 4 spd, with a dautson 510 rear end. his grandpa drove it for a few years, then let in sit in a feild for 10 years or so. my friend got it from his grandpa for free i think 3 years ago, and completely tore it down and rebuilt everything. has been pretty much done for maybe like 6 months with the exception of small things. he stuck a 4.3 v6 in it, it JUST BARELY FIT in it, had to do quite a bit of work to get it to fit in it. motors got edlebrock carb and intake, comp cam, and custom built headers. supposedly make 270 hp and 300 tq. behind the v6 is i beleive a t56 5 spd from and old camaro he had. all together weighs just over 1800 pounds. still has the dautson rear, so he isnt too hard on the car cus he doesnt want to blow the rear end up, same reason he went easy on the burnout. he'll go all out on the next one. ohh btw he is 16 now, and also has a '68 camaro he's now building.

5. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

How well is that working? I'm installing one on my 73 K5 for a parking brake also.:waytogo: