Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buddy killed my K5...retiring my 6.2 blazer, in pieces...

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by botboy, Sep 21, 2004.

1. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

Oh well. Driving back to ISU my friend was driving while I was asleep in back and ran the truck *almost* dry now she won't start. Heads cracked before, bad enough now that she won't start up. No coolant in my oil and no rod knock to speak of so bottom end is most probably still good. Mods go ahead and move this if you feel the need to put it in the FS but I think it will get more directed views in this forum.

SOLD PARTS:
    Top and bottom radiator support brackets/rubber thingys

105 Amp Alternator

4 Core Radiator

Pr 4 gauge wires

Intake manifold W/O EGR (bought to upgrade before truck died) $40 shipped

Parts FS:

6.2 bottom end $75 Incl vacuum pump, fuel pump, water pump you pick up

Stanadyne pump w/injector lines and injectors $140 shipped work good

Intake manifold w/EGR $29 shipped

Isspro 3" pyrometer $45 shipped (no thermocouple - bought to upgrade before truck died)

Heads are going in the scrap pile unless somebody wants them free + shipping BADLY CRACKED

Valve covers $20 shipped

Water crossover $15 shipped

NA exhaust manifolds $50 shipped pr

Engine mounts $40 shipped pr

Starter works fine custom rebuild by a diesel shop in minneapolis $50 + shipping

700r4 with governor for diesel and strong gasser TC (higher stall), low miles works great $200

NP208 Part-time transfer case works fine no noises $100
    Take both above for $250 will need to be picked up.

'83 K5 frame, front disks, 4" lift, new front driveshaft, rancho shocks all around (about 3 yrs old), new rancho steering stabilizer (less than 6 months), D44 front w/full time hubs 3.73 open, PS box, GM 10 bolt rear 3.73 open drums. $150 obviously will need to be picked up. Will include tub/front fenders/doors if you want but all have some serious dents and tub is rotted behind seats and in rockers. Will throw in a patch panel for PS front floor and rockers if I still have them.

5x BFGoodrich 33x12.5", 3/4 tread left, on GM 6 lug ralleys $150 set need to be picked up

Buy both above for $250

Fiberglass top free with any purchase you get to pick up. $20 alone still needs to be picked up.

straight hood black w/hinges $45 you pick up

Sun visor (lund style) black fiberglass $50 shipped

Tailgate has rust along bottom and 1 hole near the top, power window works good. $45 you pick up

Truck is currently in ames behind the mechanics shop and is headed back to minnesota friday or saturday. So if you want parts and live in iowa or southern MN, get back to me before then.

I have pictures of some stuff I'm waiting on my sister to send them to me since they're on a digicam at home. Should be on my laptop later today (tuesday)

if you're interested in parts or have questions, email me at botboy60 (at) hotmail.com or post in this thread. Bumps appreciated. Help the poor college student!

If you want the whole truck I would like to get $550 for it since its got a lot of goodies. I'll deliver to within 100 miles of ames, minneapolis, or anywhere in between for free for anyone who wants to buy it as a whole.

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I maybe be interested in the bottom end, as well as tranny, and tcase, ill have to get back to you though. I dont have anywhere to keep this stuff in my dorm room, and the parents are already pretty pissed with my truck, seeing as i just got it back from the shop /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Where are you located?

4. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

Drey, I can store the stuff for you in my garage in Delano, minnesota for free if I get payment beforehand. I make a trip up to minnesota at least once a month and would be bringing it back here to Ames with me.

Afroman, I'm currently residing in the Helser residence hall at ISU in Ames, Iowa for classes. My home is in Delano, Minnesota about 30 minutes west of minneapolis

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What kinda lift is on it? You want to get rid of the frame n everything or just the lift n parts? Also looking for a rear seat belt and bolt if possible!!

6. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What kinda lift is on it? You want to get rid of the frame n everything or just the lift n parts? Also looking for a rear seat belt and bolt if possible!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Previous owner told me it was a Dick Cepek suspension lift, 4". I would prefer to sell frame and body as one if I could, body is basically free with frame since its dented and rusty.

Which rear seat belt? The side belts or the ones on the seat? Hex head bolts or the ones that hold the seat to the floor/bed?

Forgot to add the rear seat is also FS, grey rear seat, no rips, overall pretty good condition, I keep it in garage out of the weather unless I'm hauling people around. $60 + shipping but I would prefer this one get picked up.

7. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I need the radiator brackets that hold the radiator to the core support. How about $15 shipped?

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I need the part that bolts to the body with a big hex bolt. The side belts.

How much are you asking for the body n frame?

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

is this the 6.5TD cross over? If so, I'll take it.

the pyrometer- What do I need to get it to work? Might just take that too.

10. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I need the radiator brackets that hold the radiator to the core support. How about $15 shipped?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good. My paypal addy is the same as my email addy, botboy60 (at) hotmail.com. Otherwise email me to work out another payment option

[ QUOTE ]
    is this the 6.5TD cross over? If so, I'll take it.

the pyrometer- What do I need to get it to work? Might just take that too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure the water crossover will fit a 6.5 but it isn't originally off of a 6.5...your choice there.

I had won the pyrometer off of ebay, It needs a thermocouple to work (standard equipment on all pyrometers) sometimes they put lone thermocouples up there by themselves. PM me and I can send you the address where to send a check to get the pyrometer otherwise I'm just going to pay the guy I won it from listing fees to take it and relist it.

[ QUOTE ]
    I need the part that bolts to the body with a big hex bolt. The side belts.

How much are you asking for the body n frame?

[/ QUOTE ]

The side belt bolts are pretty rusty, let me see what I can do but no guarantees I'll actually be able to get them off without snapping the bolt tops off. $15 shipped for the belts and bolts if I don't destroy them sound good?

Body & frame (no drivetrain, hood, tailgate, interior, wheels, and possibly gas tank) $150
    Truck as it sits currently with everything $500

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

eh? heads cracked? From.. what?

Ran dry- fuel? How does running the fuel dry kill the truck? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hate to see the only full size two door truck with a diesel go out for the count. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    eh? heads cracked? From.. what?

Ran dry- fuel? How does running the fuel dry kill the truck? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hate to see the only full size two door truck with a diesel go out for the count. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads cracking allowing coolant loss into cylinders is a common problem with the 6.2. Ran dry - coolant dry - from losing it into the cylinders and not paying attention to the temp gauge (while I was asleep in back). If you saw the body on this truck you probably wouldn't be too disappointed, she's got some bad rust and body damage. Oh well...

13. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good. My paypal addy is the same as my email addy, botboy60 (at) hotmail.com. Otherwise email me to work out another payment option

[/ QUOTE ]

Payment sent

14. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Ouch. Man, that blows.

15. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Is the J intake single plane or dual plane? I may be interested.

16. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Dude you already have a pile of intakes lol. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

single plane. You should see the number of stock gasser manifolds I have at home...

(too bad nobody wants them!)

18. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sent you a PM.

Afro:
    Yeah, but I really need this one...no really. I do. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status