Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buddy List Function??

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by mosesburb, Dec 10, 2004.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Buddy List Function??--(Answers Inside!!)

So what good is the buddy list feature now?? I added a bunch of names to my list, but it seems that I can't send a pm directly from that list, no "friends on line" feature etc. Am I missing something?? It sucks sending pm's and having to type the username in to send it and not having a window on the screen showing if they are online or not.

So my question is, what is it good for?? Does it have a use that I am unaware of?? It seems to just be a list that I spent a bunch of time putting names on for aesthetic purposes only....

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I believe its just a listing of all the "Buddies" on your list that are online or offline. But if you click on a persons username in a thread, it gives you a pop-down list where you can pm straight from there.

3. mosesburb

So you can't do a pm from it on your "home" page??

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I haven't tried yet....I just got done spending an hour or so going back and forth from the old site to here getting my buddy list updated and all my favorites back on my new list. But at a quick try, doesn't look like you can. Unless we will be able to later and its just a feature that isn't turned on yet:dunno:

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Check your pm's, I figured it out

6. mosesburb

I got the pm, but it doesn't say how you did it.

7. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Amen...

8. mosesburb

In case anyone is wondering here is what Muddytazz clued me in to.
    I added names to my buddy list in the menu on the left side of the "user CP". At that point I figured something would happen to them to make them usable for something. Well, it did, but I did not know it. Add names to the list previously mentioned, then click the "Quick Links" drop-down menu in the tool bar at the top of the window. Select "Open Buddy List". On the right side of the names will be a box. Check the box of the person/s that you want to PM and scroll down to the bottom. Click "PM Users" and a PM will automatically open with the name/s you selected in the recipient box at the top of the message. Type message as normal, add a pinch of salt, 1 can of beer, and bake at 450* for 3hrs and viola, one pm sent to a person on your buddy list.

Hope this helps someone else, as it sure helped me.

Thanks Muddy!!