Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bug deflectors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by skeepwerkzaz, Jun 14, 2000.

1. skeepwerkzaz

skeepwerkzaz Registered Member

What kind of bug deflector should I get for my Blaze? She's in for paint right now, and I want to pick one up.....Any advice out there???????????
    By the way, in northern cal gas is around $1.65 gal!!!!!
    expensive, but wwwaaaaayyyyyy better than you midwest folk.
    happy trails
    skeep

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I got one from Advance Auto Parts. It cost me $19.95 and has a life time warr. Its one that goes along the lip of the hood. I think it was made by "Ventshade" or "Autoflector". I can't remember the exact name. Sorry.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I just took a Deflectashield (the wrap around type) off mine that will NOT be going back on when I get the Blazer repainted! Before I put it on a couple of years ago, the front edge of the hood was in near perfect condition. When I took it off a few weeks ago, the paint on the bottom front edge of the hood started flaking away. My best guess is that the deflector trapped water there and the hood rusted. Just my opinion, either get a different kind or don't get one at all.

Brian
    89KBlazer