Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

buggy from monster garage... found it! pics inside

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Apr 20, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

The long beard.... He was on the bronco show, they showed a few second clip of him driving up the bridge embankment....

Anyhow, if you know who I'm talking about does anyone have pics of that buggy? Its tan, looks sort of like a hummer, they just showed it on the rock'em sock'em episode last night. I tired doing some searchs when the bronco episode was on... since I seen it again last night it got me looking again /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

FOUND IT!
    [​IMG]

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Re: buggy from monster garage... I think he was from Dessert Rat? the guy with

That rig looks very much like sonny honnegor's rig. "Sniper"? He also built two vehicles that competed in TTC. A Dodge Power Wagon (80s model), The Government Mule (a badass ford) and that tube creation (looks similar to a hummer right? Uses airbags as a central pivot for the rear suspension. I think he even was running a version with a cummins.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Re: buggy from monster garage... I think he was from Desert Rat? the guy with

I think that dude works for ORU? Or somewhere in Burbank.

4. jjlaughner

5. jjlaughner

[​IMG]

so anyone else here think this thing is cool as hell looking /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. jjlaughner

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. jjlaughner

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

That's bad A$$ /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

Major flex

[​IMG]

10. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That rig looks very much like sonny honnegor's rig. "Sniper"? He also built two vehicles that competed in TTC. A Dodge Power Wagon (80s model), The Government Mule (a badass ford) and that tube creation (looks similar to a hummer right? Uses airbags as a central pivot for the rear suspension. I think he even was running a version with a cummins.

[/ QUOTE ]

The buggy pictured is a Scorpian (?SP?). The one that was ran in TTC was a MK1. I think the 4 door one is called a MK2. Sonny was the brainchild behind it, but I don't think he owned the first one.

The Sniper is an Avalanch Engineering buggy.

The Dodge is also Sonni's

The Government Mule is another guys truck. Sonnie might of helped him ...

This buggy is probubly what started the buggy craze in rockcrawlers. The design has been around for a long time...1995 or 1996 I would guess. The real cool thing about the rig is its forced articulation system. As one axle pivots one direction it forces the other axle in the other direction. But it works as a sway bar when both axles try to pivot in the same direction. So you get the benifits of huge articulation with great side hill stability.

11. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

I love em but they sit to low so the break over would suck you could always give it a little lift though

12. rcurrier44

bad ass flex shot

[​IMG]

13. rcurrier44

Air suspension...the break over angle is great when you raise it up /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I know the original design incorporated airbags to change the ride height. I have the first feature of it in 4WOR...I think it was back in '97...

15. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    bad ass flex shot

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the site you guys are getting these pics from ?
    and what is holding his suspension up / there is nothing there but shocks

16. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Air suspension...the break over angle is great when you raise it up /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

are they airshocks ? because I dont see any actual suspension

17. rcurrier44

My pic is from white knights site.

They are air bags 2 in the front left to right and 2 in the rear ontop and on bottom of the trailing arms. Both the front and the rear are a trailing arm style suspension...the giant A frame is welded directly to the axle. I think they are also refered to as 1 link suspensions...many one links are made with trailer balls.

The reason for the 2 air bags in the rear (one on top and one on bottom of the rear link) is because this rear suspension gives alot of antisquat...ware the name Scorpion came from. The origional design had only one bag and when you steped on the throtle the rear end of the buggy rose up like a scorpion. The second bag limits the anitsquat like an adjustable limiting strap.

18. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My pic is from white knights site.

They are air bags 2 in the front left to right and 2 in the rear ontop and on bottom of the trailing arms. Both the front and the rear are a trailing arm style suspension...the giant A frame is welded directly to the axle. I think they are also refered to as 1 link suspensions...many one links are made with trailer balls.

The reason for the 2 air bags in the rear (one on top and one on bottom of the rear link) is because this rear suspension gives alot of antisquat...ware the name Scorpion came from. The origional design had only one bag and when you steped on the throtle the rear end of the buggy rose up like a scorpion. The second bag limits the anitsquat like an adjustable limiting strap.

[/ QUOTE ]

great answer thats exactly what I wanted to know. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah that crawled straight up a wall!

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Thats ALOT of flex!